“Hampton Inn South Charleston WV”

Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
charleston
“Hampton Inn South Charleston WV”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Great place to stay, very centrally located. Breakfast bar is great, staff helpful. Stayed four days over Christmas and the room was large and the bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was very spacious and the water pressure amazing. The hand shower felt like a hot tub jet and was wonderful. The bedding is amazing.

1 Thank wvshark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Mt. Pleasant, SC, United States
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Our stay at the Hampton Inn was very nice, the rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, they have a nice business center and offered a full hot breakfast. I would definitely stay at this property again.

2 Thank CJ W
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Very clean with excellent service and customer satisfaction. It's updated with a comfortable, quiet lobby. Indoor pool and jacuzzi to enjoy during the winter months. It's within walking distance to popular shops and restaurants. Free parking. I highly recommend!

1 Thank Joy C
Louisville, United States
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Nice hotel, clean, friendly staff, location is close to many restaurants and shopping. I would stay there again if I were traveling in the area. They were very accomodating as I had requested 2 pack-n-plays and they were set up in the room when we arrived. That doesn't usually happen, so I was very impressed that they did what they said they were going to do. Microwave wasn't working when we got there and they immediately replaced it with a brand new one.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Sharon E Y
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I rented two rooms for a birthday party. We came to the hotel in advance to book the party and advise that a sleep over was the purpose in the stay. A little after check in we found out that there where two other parties one was another group of boys and the other was a group of girls. Our group left the hotel after eating pizza at 6:45 and went skating. they did not return until 11:15 pm they changed clothes and went to the pool till 12am. They where never unattended, I was with them and as a law enforcement officer I believe I can handle 13/14 yoa boys. After we returned to the room and throughout the night we had people knocking on our door and running. I did not complain about this because I assumed it was some of the other kids that they had met that was also having a party. However my kids were a little rowdy due to a pillow fight that got out of hand and I handled that. I also made them get a vacuum cleaner from the maid the next morning and clean there mess themselves. I was told pizza sauce was on the ceiling I did notice that or I would have cleaned that up also. Apparently there had been some complaints from other rooms and damage to the pool and we were charged for this with no proof. I watched the children under my care and I made sure they cleaned there mess. I feel we were charged because we told the truth about having the party and due to signing your contract used as a escape goat. The reason for advising about the party was so we could be put in a location that would be less likely to bother other guest, not only that neither myself nor my wife where called at anytime about a disturbance. If we had been we would have advised them that we were also getting pranked by other kids. We have notes that had been put under the door from girls wanting the boys to come out. I didn't get any sleep all night just trying to make sure no one snuck out of the room. I have had partys at the embassy suites in the past and that is were I will be going in the future. It is beyond me how you feel you can charge us only because we were honest about a sleep over. We take full responsibility for the pizza sauce that we missed during our clean up but not for the damage to a pool in which we spent 30-45 min. in nor the disturbance of other guest.

1 Thank Carissa P
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Couldn't have been more satisfied with the treatment and hospitality we received from the hotel staff. They were wonderful and did more than they needed to, to make us comfortable and enjoy our stay. Nice location and nice rooms.

1 Thank Montanatrip
Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This location is staffed by the polite, cheerful and friendly people and I felt very well cared for. The hotel is very clean and tidy with attempts to make a suburban chain hotel as homey as possible. We slept well. The desk clerks and manager made sure we had what we needed , including cold diet Coke in a can. They helped me pack a box to mail. They knew the area and places to go and eat, directions included. The first floor housekeeper asked me no more than 5 times if I needed help or anything else. The gentleman who made the breakfast was the best, making sure everything was clean, fresh and tasty. Greeted me with a smile and made sure to tell me the biscuits were hot. I left breakfast with a greeting to him, "Have a good day." He responded, "Every day is a good day!"

2 Thank mhbaker123