“Great Stay.”

Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Faber, Virginia
“Great Stay.”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Right beside the Cabelas. Lot of shopping and restaurants in the area. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean. Hotel was quiet. Really liked the complimentary fountain drinks in the evenings. I will seek this place out next time I am anywhere in the area. Breakfast was pretty good for a continental, nothing for the record books but nothing to avoid either.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jim T
HamptonCharlestonMGR, Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Jim T, I would like to thank you for the compliments and review that you gave and I am glad to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful to you. I hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
north carolina
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We arrived and were greeted by a very nice young man. As soon as we got to our room, we turned on the Television. Unfortunately, you could not watch a show, as the TV kept doing what I refer to as "pixelating"-it breaks up and you cannot see the shows or hear the sound. I called the front desk and the young man said they have a problem with TVs on one side of the building (the one we were in) and he could move us, but we would not have two beds-just one and a sofa sleeper. As we had our son with us, we checked the other room out-immediately a horrible musty, moldy smell hit us-we had noticed this smell somewhat in the hallway, but this was awful! Choice-horrible smell or no TV! We chose no TV. This building really needs deep cleaning and updating (the sofa sleeper was from the 70's). Would we stay here again-NO. This is too bad as the staff was lovely, the pool area was nice, breakfast was fine and in fact, the only problem was the smell and the lack of TV. As a Platinum Hilton Honors member, we stay in hotels a lot (my husband basically lives in hotels, due to his occupation). Generally, we are happy with the Hilton Family-this hotel receives a YUCK!!

Room Tip: I don't think this is an isolated incident. It also is not the fault of the very pleasant staff...
1 Thank lornalynn
HamptonCharlestonMGR, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am sorry that we could not provide a positive experience during your stay. I sincerely apologize if there was an unpleasant smell you noticed and that the television in your room was not working properly. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. We will certainly use your comments to identify areas where we can improve our hospitality so that others do not share your experience.

Your business is very important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests!
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I always recieve great service when I stay at this location. As usual, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The location for this hotel is perfect. The only problem is that a shuttle is not offered due to shortage of staff. If you need to get anywhere and don't want to drive, you will have to contact the local taxi company which sometimes can be a very long wait. I will definitely be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lisa L, I want to thank you for taking time to write your review! I am glad you chose us for your stay and I cam sorry about the issue with the shuttle. We are trying to work that out to be more accommodating for our guests. I hope you will still consider staying with us again in the future.
Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 December 2013

This is a great place to stay. The location is definitely a prime one located next to restaurants and shopping. This is a newer Hampton so they had a lot of nice amenities there. One that was nice was there was a Coke Dispenser available on site that had tea, coke, water, etc. The room was spacious and relaxing. Everything was clean and in order. The breakfast is the typical breakfast you would get at any Hampton Inn (Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Bagels, Muffins, Fruit, etc.,) I would definitely stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Christopher W, Thank you for the kind words and compliments. Our staff appreciates them greatly. I am glad that you enjoyed the amenities that we offer and I look forward to seeing you again!
charleston
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Great place to stay, very centrally located. Breakfast bar is great, staff helpful. Stayed four days over Christmas and the room was large and the bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was very spacious and the water pressure amazing. The hand shower felt like a hot tub jet and was wonderful. The bedding is amazing.

1 Thank wvshark
Mt. Pleasant, SC, United States
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Our stay at the Hampton Inn was very nice, the rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, they have a nice business center and offered a full hot breakfast. I would definitely stay at this property again.

2 Thank CJ W
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Very clean with excellent service and customer satisfaction. It's updated with a comfortable, quiet lobby. Indoor pool and jacuzzi to enjoy during the winter months. It's within walking distance to popular shops and restaurants. Free parking. I highly recommend!

1 Thank Joy C