“One cozy night in the best bed ever”

Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Wheeling, United States
“One cozy night in the best bed ever”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Once again it's been proven that Hampton is the place to stay. So much was really positive: the ultra-cozy bed, duvet and pillows; the coffee bar, soda fountain and other freebies (USA Today - YAAAY!); and the helpful, friendly man who serves as attendant for breakfast. Only one negative, which is really a housekeeping oversite: stained upholstery on the chair and ottoman. Since one doesn't know what the stain is when staying in an unfamiliar space, a stain marks the chair as a place not to sit. Otherwise, thanks so much for a really great overnight experience. (If I had known ahead of time that there was a pool, I'd have brought my suit for sure!) Thanks again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Reviewed 5 March 2014

In reality I booked the wrong hotel. The Travel South Convention I was attending was downtown, albeit just 15 minutes away and there is a Downtown Hampton. My only hiccup was when I arrived at 10pm on Sunday night, there was no shuttle service available due to lack of staff. This team more than made up for it by squiring me to the Convention downtown several times and dropping my off at the airport for my departure. Dave, one of the shuttle drivers was fascinating; especially when it came to the history of the area, changes he has seen and his wonderful outgoing demeanor. He was also so boastful of how happy he is in his job, and how special the management and ownership team are to him. With so much whining these day Dave was refreshing about how much he loved his work and his hotel.

As for the hotel, it was very clean, guest services was solid and the common area were perfect including the pool. Well managed hotel, it shows.

Room Tip: I liked the front and center room I had on fifth floor.
2 Thank Keijan1961
Louisville, United States
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The room and bathroom were extremely clean and the beds were very comfortable. We did not use the pool because of the water problem Charleston was having at the time, but it looked clean as well. The complimentary breakfast is always a plus and the food was good.

2 Thank Allison S
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Our staff made arrangements to meet with a local consultant. CJ did a great job of having everything (rooms, projector, screen, H2O, etc...) set for us in a great conference room and Barry attended to our every need!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ChristopherCord
Charleston, WV, United States
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have travelled weekly on business for over twenty (20) years. I have never stayed at any better hotel in WV, Hampton or otherwise. Staff memers are respectful and quick to meet needs. It is clean, safe, comfortable, and attractive.

1 Thank Vonnie O
Kentucky
Reviewed 21 February 2014

After reading reviews on TripAdvisor, I had high expectations for this property. Based upon my stay, this Hampton did not live up to highest rated hotels in Charleston status.

I feel this is a very typical Hampton you find in most locations around the country. One of my biggest negatives was that the room was not spotlessly cleaned. The bathroom had some areas in the tub and bathroom counter that weren't clean. This is always a big negative for me. I would also state that this property is starting to show some age.

The bedding was not as comfortable as normal as well. I felt the mattress was a little worn/old.

Were there any other glaring issues...no. But there also wasn't anything to separate this hotel either. My rating would be average to a little above average.

Now, the location is an added plus. This hotel is located in an area with lots of shopping and restaurants. If you have been to Charleston before, this is sometimes hard to achieve. This area is a good location.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Milbs_40
HamptonCharlestonMGR, Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Milbs_40, Thank you for the comprehensive review! I would like to apologize for the cleanliness of your room. That is not typical at our hotel and I will see that it is taken care of and that our procedures are followed more stringently. I am also sorry that we didn't do anything to separate ourselves from other hotels in town during your stay. We are lining up a room refresh this year and I hope you will give us the opportunity to show you that we can, and have improved. Thank you for the compliments about our location, and I would love to talk to you about your visit!
Dayton, United States
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The hotel staff were efficient during checkout/check-in. They were accommodating to all of our families and provided a place for us all to get together comfortably. The breakfast provided was more than adequate, and the time it was available at a more convenient time than other hotels. In addition its location is great, convenient to restaurants, shopping and the ice arena that we were to play. that weekend.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Angel H
Angel H, I'm so glad you stayed with us for your game! We're so close to the arena and I'm very pleased that you had such a great time with us. It's great to hear that you feel we treated you and your families so well. Our staff is great at doing that! I look forward to seeing you and your families and friends the next time you come by!