So maybe the headline was a little exaggerated but showing up to your hotel at midnight only to find there are NO parking spots is unacceptable. On top if that, the staff clearly knew this as the lot was filled with 8 huge electrical trucks.
Our only choice was to park in a handicap spot or a dark alley around the side of the building. No apologies from the staff, no discount, just a 'oops sorry for the inconvenience but you are out of luck'.
Obviously you can't hold this against the entire chain of hotels but at the very least an advance warning that parking would be tough to find was warranted.
The service at this hotel needs some additional training in customer service. Until that happens, stay away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come stay with us in the mountains! Our hotel is located in the beautiful capitol city of West Virginia. We have available numerous outdoor activities such as snow skiing, white water rafting, golfing and biking trails.Within one block of our hotel are many choices of restaurants, bowling and malls. We are also close to the Governor's Mansion, Appalachian Power ball park, WV Cultural Center, and The Clay Center for the Arts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Charleston-South Hotel Charleston
- Country Inn And Suites Charleston-South
- Charleston Country Inn