“Great Staff, Great Motel!”

Motel 6 Charleston East
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Great Staff, Great Motel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

The staff at this Motel 6 went above and beyond the call of duty. I came in at around 9am after being on the bus all night and not getting any sleep. I knew it was not anywhere close to the usual check in time but I asked what was the earliest I could get in. The manager had the housekeeper clean a room especially for me so I could get some well needed sleep.

The room was in great shape, The staff is great, If you are visiting Charleston I wholeheartedly recommend this motel!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Morganfield, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

Average. Typical Motel 6. Bare-boned. No coffee maker, clock/radio, but you should expect that. It was clean, bright rooms, most of the motels in the area are inconvenient to get to. For a one night crash pad, it was just what we were looking for.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Stayed there on our way to north Dakota from ft. Bragg north Carolina. Had a trailer with or items in it because my husband just got out of the Army and we got there at midnight and left about 9 am the next morning. Our trailer s back lock was broke and a lot of items were taken out of our trailer including all, military paper work jewelry my kids blankets n books and meds medical records, checks, titles to my vehicles. And a lot more. Called the hotel manager she didn't care and told, me they didn't have outside cameras. I called the police n he said no cameras and there is a ton of druggys out there. I filled a police report. I would not get a room here. .

• Stayed April 2012
6 Thank Billy97477

Travellers are raving about these Charleston hotels

London, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

We made a reservation for the halfway point of our return trip from Myrtle Beach, SC. Got to the hotel on Friday and there was a sign on the door that said 'Temporarily Closed for Precautionary Inspections'. Went inside and there was a girl there that said everyone with reservations were supposed to get phone calls - but, we were traveling for the past week so of course didn't get a message. Left there and went to the Holiday Inn Express next door. Got home from our trip and there was a message from Motel 6 saying our reservation was changed to another Motel 6. That would not have worked for us anyway as we specifically booked right at the Interstate. Don't know what precautionary inspections means but don't want to find out!

Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Stacy H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

My father and I to stay in Charleston because my mother ended up in their fine CAMC hospital. The rooms were clean and the hotel very well cared for and appear newly renovated. My Dad's room had a fridge and microwave, which for the room rate was a pleasant surprise. He has had a long, stressful stay and the management has been very kind and understanding as he spends long days at my mom's bedside. I can't say enough about how friendly the staff was and how very neat and clean the motel is. Don't hesitate to stay -- this is from someone who would usually not stay in anything less than a Hampton Inn or Sheraton.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Melarose
Draper, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

The room was clean, bed comfy, but the tv did not work. So if you do decide to stay here, check the tv before settling in (if it's impt. to you) so you can change rooms if necessary. We didn't feel like changing if another room like ours had been available. They only give you soap, no shampoo, tissues, or anything like that. Bring your own hairdryer.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

No carpet so no catching of dirt,etc. Nice size rooms w/large tv! No frills and clean. Stayed two nights on two trips through town. Both nice. They need to more strickly enforce the no smoking in the no smoking rooms. So difficult, and guest need to be more consider of the no smoking rooms. Please do not put smelly perfume things in room to try to mask the smoke smell. I am impressed the Motel 6 has gone green, but this is not green. Masking smells with the little things people put in cars to mask smells. Awful! Other than that, a very nice place and staff very nice!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends