“Absolutely Wonderful”

Fujiyama Japanese Sushi and Steak House
Ranked #120 of 279 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The food was amazing to say the least. Sushi was very fresh and large portion sizes. Drinks were great as we'll along with the new decor. The atmosphere was very nice and to top it off our server was incredible. He had a great attitude and was very friendly. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone and I will be back on my next trip to charleston.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

first off i am going to say this is a nice clean restaurant.we did enjoy our first time here but my only complaint is the food does lack some taste.we all order filet and chicken and it was good but it does lack some taste.the service is great and the cook was entertaining.the portion size is great for the price.i do like the atmosphere and restaurant better than the other hibachi steakhouse in town but the food just needs a little more flavor!

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I'd like to be able to review this business positively, as it is a beautiful place, their sushi is good (I got carry-out), and their staff are very polite and friendly. Unfortunately, due to their false assumptions about the requirements of the ADA, my very clean and perfectly well-behaved service dog and I were made to leave. We've been cordially served for two years all over the southeast, in hotels and restaurants. This has been our only negative encounter. Strangely, I was the only customer in the place at the time! This was completely illegal, and I have filed a civil rights complaint, but in the meantime, be prepared to be embarrassed and ejected if you want Japanese food in Kanawha City and rely on a service animal for assistance due to a disability.

3  Thank Donald V
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

We have been here several times,
And have had great experiences.
Service is friendly so are the cooks preparing the hibachi grill food. My three year old loves going to the "firehouse".
Good portions of food for the price. But I agree with a previous reviewer, that it is a bit dark in there.
I would certainly recommend it.

Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Nice and new. Nicely decorated. Sat at sushi bar and enjoyed sushi and meal very much. We were served a complimentary sushi sample and the WV Roll is delicious.