“Should be used as a training store”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #48 of 276 Restaurants in Charleston
Waynesville, North Carolina
“Should be used as a training store”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We recently visited Charleston for a weekend; having not been there since childhood, choosing a place to eat had its own set of issues so we went for chain. I have eaten at Darden restaurants in a number of cities and this one stands out. The staff was fast and quite friendly, the bartender is an ace with a bloody mary, a perfect mix. the food was well prepared ( no rubbery lobster, tender juicy shrimp, and a lovely bisque. Never an empty glass on our table. The manager patrolled the dining area greeting guests and assisting staff (a rare sight these days), and everyone working there moved as a team (again, a rare sight). This would be a perfect location to send all new hires in the region for a month of training...

• Visited April 2014

Forest Hil, WV
“Terrible service, great food”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We love Red Lobster. On this apparent night, however, service was very slow. In all fairness to the restaurant, apparently they lost a waitress suddenly after she fell ill and they were slammed. We waited forever to get seated, then forever to order, the bread, the drinks, salads, meal. The waitress that had to pick up our table, though, was over run and it was very busy. All that being said, the food was great! I would likely try to avoid Saturday nights in Charleston in the future, but would eat here again.

• Visited March 2014
West Virginia
“Great Restaurant!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have to say that I have never had a bad experience at this Red Lobster.I visit frequently because I love the food and the staff are very friendly and care about your experience.I will continue to recommend this location!

• Visited July 2013
Beckley, United States
“Great restaurant!!”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My husband and I had a great experience at the Southridge Charleston Red Lobster. We were celebrating our anniversary, and decided to eat there. Our waitress was really nice, as well as all the employees. Our food was out of this world good! I highly recommend this Red Lobster. We will be returning to this restaurant again.

• Visited August 2013
Houston, Texas
“Will wait another five years...”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We were seated promptly for lunch a little after the noontime rush (1:15 pm). Mel was our waiter; a kind and friendly young man who we wish success to in his true field: art. Before ordering, I went to the women's restroom to wash up--the floor was wet and smelled of urine. That women walked in the bathroom and then went back to the restaurant meant that that smell went out the door.
The shrimp tacos were very tasty--filled with a scrumptious mixture of spices, vegetables and whole shrimp. That dish was worth ordering.
Now, if you Google images of fish and chips,you get a photo of French fries and succulent battered, fried fish. I thought I was going to be safe and order the dish at this seafood restaurant. I was served unseasoned, slightly mushy fries and an overcooked unknown species of fish--no batter, no seasoning. I would have been better served at a fast food fish franchise.
This review gets an average because one meal was tasty--and one definitely was not.

• Visited July 2013