“Hands Down the Best Coffee in Charleston!”
Review of Moxxee

Moxxee
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Several friends and I traveled to Charleston, West Virginia to engage in a volunteer preaching assignment. We sought out a place to get a ‘good’ cup of coffee and relax. Being from New York originally, I am what you could consider to be a coffee snob, so I really did not have high hopes or expectations when a local friend recommended that we give Moxxee a try. In his enthusiastic opinion, "They have the best coffee in Charleston." Well, he was not kidding! Their wide variety of coffees and huge selection of exotic loose leaf teas was excellent and, dare I say, rivaled some of the most metropolitan coffee shops in the country! Moxxee has pretty much been our daily ritual during our stay in Charleston.

Their Baristas are friendly and attentive, crafting a work of art, one delicious cup at a time. So far I've tried the Double Down Latte, Mocha Latte and Ethiopian Yirgacheffe. I cannot wait to have another cup! I highly recommend that if you are in the Charleston area and looking to scratch your coffee itch stop by Moxxee.

3  Thank Yakonthemove

Reviewed 15 August 2013

While in Charleston, I was hunting for somewhere to get some caffeine and Moxxee caught my attention. I love finding small, local coffee shops and Moxxee was no disappointment. Honestly, this place had the best coffee I've ever had. I wish we lived closer, because I would be getting coffee there all the time!

1  Thank shesastarr
Reviewed 30 July 2013

It took a long time for this place to get off the ground, but now it is well-established and has not only set the standard for Charleston coffee, but, for me - it is the standard for coffee everywhere. I pretty much stick to a latte, and it is really done well. I tell every out-of-town visitor to go to Moxxee and I go there every chance I get. The decor is unusual and chic. The outdoor seating area is a great bonus in Charleston. All I can say is, if you like coffee or tea, go there. You will not be disappointed.

2  Thank rpdc
Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

We like to try local coffee shops whenever we travel. We are kind of picky about our beans and our espresso :). Moxxee exceeded our expectations. A delicious roast and a well pulled shot! We had a Milk and Honey Espresso Burst. Perfectly balanced and delicious honey sweetness. We are from Michigan - and the best coffee shop near us (over an hour from home) is Mad Cap in Grand Rapids. They make a Cafe Miel that we adore. Moxxee's version was slightly different yet equally delicious!! To top it off, the place has really nice style - from the cups to the furniture, the artwork to the technology. We agree - Moxxee's got Moxie!

Reviewed 19 February 2013

I have been waiting so long for this place to open and I finally got to try it out this week, then made my partner try it out the next day! It has to be by far the best coffee I've ever had in West Virginia. It was so good I actually texted several people to tell them to try it out! In addition to extremely good coffee, they also have several unique and fun sounding specialty drinks and a wide variety of teas. The decoration seems pretty art deco. Its a smaller seating area, but it looks like there will be seating outside in the summer. Its not really in a pretty area (looks out at the RiteAid/Fire House), but the coffee was so good who cares! Coffee is maybe a little bit more expensive than Starbucks, but its well worth the price.