“Very good dining experience......”
Review of Tidewater Grill

Tidewater Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Tidewater Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 277 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Town Center Mall
La Plata, Maryland
“Very good dining experience......”
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

While visiting my son over Thanksgiving, I took my family to the Tidewater Grill for an early Saturday evening dinner aftere an aft noon of shopping. Normally I avoid restaurants in malls (except for a quick sandwich or snack) but was told that we would enjoy the food.
We enjoyed our dining experience very much. We shared a nice Calamari appetizer which was good. My wife and son both had the grilled Carolina trout with some vegetables and a salad. I had the coconut shrimp with a tasty pineapple-apricot salsa with a salad.
Everything was prepared nicely and was very good. The server staff was attentive and took good care of us. Nothing particularly noteworthy of the restaurant appearance other than clean and seemed to be well maintained. I think that the prices for the menu items were very reasonable so good value for the money.
I would recommend the Tidewater Grill to folks shopping for the day at the mall or even staying next door in the hotel.

Visited November 2013

Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My adult daughter and I arrived at lunch time on a Saturday. The restaurant was almost half full. We were seated right away and ice water was placed on our table. That was the last contact we had from any of the employees. Two servers in our area finished serving others, bussed tables, and succefully ignored us for ten minutes, at which point we gave up and left. I hope the food is better than the service, but we wouldn't know.

• Visited November 2013
Mason, Ohio
“Tide turns at the Tidewater”
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Nice ambience, the food was a mixed review from fair to good. Fish sandwich was over cooked and dry. The coleslaw side was good. Spunich dip was a sensation. Calamari was average. Pumpkin cheesecake was well liked.

West Virginia
“Still a great restaurant”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We eat at Tidewater whenever we go to Charleston. This time I had the chef's special, Mahi Mahi Rockefeller. It was delicious! Blackened mahi topped with a cream spinach sauce and crab meat. We had shrimp cocktail for appetizer and the shrimp was great! My husband had his favorite the shrimp and scallops and our friend had the crab cakes. All were very good, as was the service. Highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited October 2013
South Charleston, West Virginia, USA
“Consistently Good”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Tidewater Grill is a local favorite. The food is consistently good. We eat there often and it is always a good experience. A typical destination when guests come to town.

Visited September 2013

Been to Tidewater Grill? Share your experiences!