“Should have gone to Ihop”
Review of Bob Evans

Bob Evans
Ranked #119 of 279 Restaurants in Charleston
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

The dressing was spilled on my husband's salad. His main dish came with no mashed potatoes. How do you run out of mashed potatoes in the middle of the day? He ordered a baked potato instead and it took five minutes to arrive. The server's first words were i'm tired.

When I mentioned this to the twelve year old at the register, he did not seem terribly concerned and charged us full price anyway.

We were there an HOUR!

Ihop is just across the street. I would recommend you try that.

1  Thank Numnut2004

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I don't like to really complain but after hundreds of reviews I feel it sometimes necessary. We arrived at 730 pm . We were greeted by a pleasant enough young man. He was very polite. We ordered soup with biscuits and a chicken pot pie for me and a cobb salad for my wife and two glasses of milk . No big deal. after ten minutes he came back to say there was no pot pie! It took ten minutes to find that out? Now we ate our soup a little cool. And no biscuits just crackers. The salad and a new order for me came . The meals were average the appologise abundant , I heard the young man apologize to four tables within ear shot, thats not fair to him or his customers whose fault is it.....? Manager convince me it was a bad day !!

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Driving down I-77 and thought we would stop for a relaxing meal at 3 PM. WRONG. A half hour after we had placed our order I went up to the counter and asked how much longer it would be, the waitress said she would check and disappeared in the back. She didn't come back so I asked another who leaned into the kitchen area and asked how much much longer, not sure what was said but she told him to be careful because I could hear him. She went into the back never to be seen again. I asked a third waitress if I could talk to a manager. She said sure, went into the back and when she didn't return after 5 minutes we just walked out. Don't be fooled by the Bob Evans sign, this is NOT what you would expect from a Bob Evans.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

I don't think this should be a bad reflection on the restaurant itself, but our server was not able to handle the 8 of us. They made it up to us in the end, but the meal was disjointed with food arriving at varying times, saying that our refills are coming but other workers ended up fetching them for us... We were there twice as long as need be for a dinner service.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

Great food great prices. Excellent Service. I usually always get a breakfast because it is so good. I love the bisquits and I always get hot tea. I always put honey on my bisquits there which I feel is a unique thing at BE.