“If we could give a zero we would...”
Review of Bob Evans

Bob Evans
Ranked #115 of 279 Restaurants in Charleston
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The host was scatter brained and border line rude. Putting his hands to his head multiple times exclaiming how slammed he was. He asked us how many children, we had, we told him two...then he doesnt even look at us and says boys or girls, When he could've looked our direction to see clearly they were girls. This wasn't the issue though.

We were seated and our server was friendly enough. We arrived at 8:10am by 9:15am we still did not have our food. We asked for it to go.

We heard a ruckus and looked up to see the cooks yelling and throwing things regarding getting order (profanity as well.) Did I mention a busser almost dropped some stuff and said sh#*&!^ behind my kids bench seat.

The manager was nice as was our server but we will never return. We lost an hour and a half of our lives that simply we will never get back.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We arrived late breakfast, early lunch time - we were taken to a table that was unclean and sticky; the seatderss were covered in syrup, under the table was piles of trash. The hostess barely wiped the table with a dirty cloth and left us. When our server "finally" showed up to take our order. We placed a simple breakfast order - 2 of the same; 25 minutes later we finally received our meal-bread NO BUTTER, NO JELLY, nothing to go with it. We had to flag her down to get coffee. Eating utensils were dirty, had to get clean utensils ourselves. She didn't bother to get jelly or butter for any other tables nor did she bother to return other than to run by with the checks. We did ask for something but she kept going. Tried to stop 2 other servers but they ignored us as well. The table across from us had the same issues we did and left without ever getting the items they requested. We get tons of coupons for this restaurant and would rather not return. We would never recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

The dressing was spilled on my husband's salad. His main dish came with no mashed potatoes. How do you run out of mashed potatoes in the middle of the day? He ordered a baked potato instead and it took five minutes to arrive. The server's first words were i'm tired.

When I mentioned this to the twelve year old at the register, he did not seem terribly concerned and charged us full price anyway.

We were there an HOUR!

Ihop is just across the street. I would recommend you try that.

1  Thank Numnut2004
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I don't like to really complain but after hundreds of reviews I feel it sometimes necessary. We arrived at 730 pm . We were greeted by a pleasant enough young man. He was very polite. We ordered soup with biscuits and a chicken pot pie for me and a cobb salad for my wife and two glasses of milk . No big deal. after ten minutes he came back to say there was no pot pie! It took ten minutes to find that out? Now we ate our soup a little cool. And no biscuits just crackers. The salad and a new order for me came . The meals were average the appologise abundant , I heard the young man apologize to four tables within ear shot, thats not fair to him or his customers whose fault is it.....? Manager convince me it was a bad day !!

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Driving down I-77 and thought we would stop for a relaxing meal at 3 PM. WRONG. A half hour after we had placed our order I went up to the counter and asked how much longer it would be, the waitress said she would check and disappeared in the back. She didn't come back so I asked another who leaned into the kitchen area and asked how much much longer, not sure what was said but she told him to be careful because I could hear him. She went into the back never to be seen again. I asked a third waitress if I could talk to a manager. She said sure, went into the back and when she didn't return after 5 minutes we just walked out. Don't be fooled by the Bob Evans sign, this is NOT what you would expect from a Bob Evans.