“Delicious”

Ranked #2 of 7 Dessert in Charleston
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Love their ice cream and food. Chocolate cherry amore is my favorite but it's all good? They are very busy so we usually buy a couple of quarts and bring them home. Terrific, easy dessert.

There are newer reviews for Ellen's Homemade Ice Cream

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Ice cream was great, staff were friendly and attentive. We went on a busy night so parking was a bit of a challenge, however, we only had to walk 3 blocks and its was worth it! We had 4 flavors which we shared, all were excellent. Worth getting off the highway for a treat.

1  Thank Jason T
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We were on a quest for hand-dipped ice cream on a recent road trip from Nashville to central Pa. After receiving a recommendation from a friend who went to school in Charleston we visited Ellen's. The place was busy on a weekend evening but the ice cream was worth the wait. Would go out of the way to visit again.

1  Thank HappyValley1000
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Every flavor I have ever had here is always wonderful!!
Lots of flavors!!
My husband is lactose and they even have a few dairy free options.

1  Thank Esta M
Reviewed 16 June 2014

While visiting my daughter in West Virginia we were told we had to try Ellen's ice cream. I was kind of skeptical about it being the best ice cream I had ever had. I was raised on some very good ice cream but I was wrong. This is the best ice cream I have ever had. The only negative thing I could say about this place is the chocolate ice cream is too chocolaty. I know it is supposed to be chocolaty but I am not a huge chocolate fan. The mint and Heath were great but the Black raspberry was phenomenal. f you visit Charleston WV. This is a must stop.