“Not the best homemade ice cream”

Ellen's Homemade Ice Cream
Ranked #2 of 7 Dessert in Charleston
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Good homemade ice cream--not the best. They charged me a five percent surcharge to use my debit card.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Nothing special (and that's not necessarily a bad thing). Cute little place. No extravagant flavors. Ice cream was good.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

A group of us had dinner at Pies and Pints (absolutely great pizza) across the street and stopped by here for dessert. What a great decision as this place had great tasty ice cream. It’s not cheap but it is high quality. I ordered a waffle cone with health and chocolate chip. Perfect combination.

This place is very popular so you may have to stand in line. Well worth the wait. If I ever end up back in Charleston, I will definitely return here. Recommendation - dinner and Pies and Pints and then stop off here for dessert.

1  Thank AKPROG
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I have recently discovered the greatness of Capital Street. We had the Espresso Oreo ice cream and it was to die for. Not too chunky with a great espresso flavor. We will be back again!

1  Thank Amber H
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Love their ice cream and food. Chocolate cherry amore is my favorite but it's all good? They are very busy so we usually buy a couple of quarts and bring them home. Terrific, easy dessert.