“Why did I give this place another chance?”

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
Ranked #67 of 276 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Oklahoma
“Why did I give this place another chance?”
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

My husband, 2 children and I stopped here in June 2012 only to be non impressed with the food. This time proved to be the same a year later. My children and I were traveling. I still had a gift card, so why not? Bad choice. Service was ok, but food was blah. My kids didn't even finish their pancakes. My chicken fried chicken meal was mediocre. I didn't eat even half of my meal either (this is highly irregular). Needless to say I am not giving them a third chance when we come through town again.

• Visited July 2013

St. Louis, Missouri
“Good food, sloooooow service”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Cracker Barrel's food is always the same....good. We were seated right away but it took forever for our waitress to take our drink orders. We placed our food order at the same time, thankfully. It took ages. Drinks emptied and refills were few and far between. One dinner plate was shorted a chicken tender and we requested it. The meal says 6, there should be 6. That's what we pay for. It took forever. We had finished eating before it came out. A manager walked right by us as we were standing to leave and there was no "hello, how was your meal?" There was no acknowledgement of any kind. Unusual for a CB. Don't come here if you're in a hurry!

Visited July 2013
Charleston, West Virginia
“I cant believe they cant get it right and it open for food sales”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

went there with grandkids twice the service and food was worse the send time. the food was wrong and cold when I ask if we could get something else we were told they would reduce our bill the cashier was not aware of it nor was the manager. great place to go if you want to buy cheap stuff/junk in the lobby but horrible food and getting worse

Visited March 2013
“Service is horrible!”
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

Don't know why I keep going back. The service is always bad. Service is slow. The managers alway have lame excuses why the service is so bad. Like the cook called in. Come on. Take his place and actually work. Food is good, when they are not out of it.

• Visited May 2013
Charleston, West Virginia
“Good Experience”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We went to Cracker Barrel for dinner on Sunday evening, March 7, 2013. We didn't have to wait for seating, but the food was slow. The food was good when we got it. They were out of corn muffins when we ordered but a new batch came out of the oven before we left. The corn muffins are one of my favorites, but these were not any good. They had no taste and were greasy.

The service was good and, as one reviewer noted, the portion size was a lot smaller than usual.

• Visited April 2013