“A VERY Pleasant Surprise for Chinese Cuisine Foodies!”
Review of Chin's Restaurant

Chin's Restaurant
Ranked #97 of 277 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Description: Serving the best Chinese cuisine in the Charleston/Kanawha Valley area since 1985 - Kanawha City location. Our chefs have over 40+ years experience. The Chin Family's restaurants, starting with Golden Dragon in South Charleston, have been cooking up savory bites since the early 1970s. All dishes cooked to order. The BEST Egg Rolls in West Virginia! Visit our Facebook page: CHIN'S RESTAURANT - WEST VIRGINIA
New York City, New York
“A VERY Pleasant Surprise for Chinese Cuisine Foodies!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Relying on the positive reviews, we searched out and enjoyed a VERY good meal at Chin's. My tweens are food snobs and they really enjoyed their meals. Parking may be tight, but not when we arrived on a quiet Thursday evening.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank OldManNYC
Eleanor C, Owner's Daughter at Chin's Restaurant, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for the great review!
Please stop in again on your next trip through Charleston.

Hurricane, West Virginia
“The Best Chinese Food, Period!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Other than my wife, I will never cheat on my barber or Chin's! They use quality ingredients to create wonderful dishes. My favorites are the Beef with Broccoli and Sweet and Sour Pork. You won't find food sitting under buffet lights all day. Your lunch or dinner order will be prepared fresh and served hot. Portion sizes are above average too. Mr. Chin and his family are wonderful people. I always enjoy my visit and meal. Mr. Chin's lunch waitress, Amy, is the best waitress I have ever encountered. She always keep drinks full and remembers the orders of regular customers. I promise you will love this place!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Michael T
Eleanor C, Daughter of Owner at Chin's Restaurant, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Michael - Thank you for the wonderful review. See you soon!
Charleston, West Virginia, United States
“Chinese at its best”
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Have eaten here many times. Food is always freshly prepared and very good. I have never had a bad meal and have had many of the items on the menu. The family who own the restaurant are very friendly. Enjoy!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Melinda W
Eleanor C, Owner's Daughter at Chin's Restaurant, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thanks Melina W. for the great review.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Houston, Texas
“Very tasty”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Speaking from experience from both coasts, this is good Chinese food. Two different dishes, two different sauces, cooked well and served rather formally (on a cart!). Service was good and the establishment clean. Better than Taste of Asia (any of them) or any of the buffet places. More variety on the menu with some dishes I had never seen before. The bacon wrapped shrimp was flavorful with a slightly sweet sauce (only slightly); the pork dish (pork medallions deep friend and served with veggies in a brown sauce) was a good off-set. The hot and sour soup was slightly sour but not white pepper hot and had thickened a little too much. On the whole, I would definitely return to this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
Charleston, West Virginia
“Unexpectedly Homecooked Chinese”
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

I just left after a delightful lunch at Chin's. I had never tried them before, but this is my friend's favorite spot. I can see why! The staff is very pleasant & attentive. The atmosphere is quiet & relaxing. The restaurant was spotless. The food is just delicious- and not frozen! The egg rolls were crisp on the outside, & were handmade. They were surprisingly good, considering I really don't like egg roll. I ordered General Tso's Chicken-$6.95 with rice & egg roll or choice of soups. The waitress had me taste the sauce before I ordered to be sure that I would enjoy my meal! It was yummy! The chicken nuggets were hand battered & so fresh. My friends got veggie fried rice & they had mounds of it. Portion sizes are huge here. The sweet tea was good as well. The bathroom was also spotless. Parking is the only issue here. I would recommend parking in the back. I highly recommend giving Chin's a visit!

• Visited July 2013