“Outstanding Breakfast!”

Brass Pineapple Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Charleston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 September 2009

The two ladies who work at this B&B are extraordinarily helpful and accommodating. The breakfasts and afternoon treats were outstanding! They even gave me the recipe for the Multi-Grain pancakes. The location, close to the capitol building is excellent, within walking distance, and the town is small enough that you can find everything within a short period of time. I would recommend going to the Capitol Market for local produce, flowers, wine and various foods....nice! The bed was extremely comfortable and my only complaint is that one side of the bed is up against the wall. Unfortunately the bed is up against the wall in a couple other rooms we were able to take a look at while we were there. The room was lovely overall but needed a more comfortable chair. The room had a private bathroom, but we had to go outside the room and down a couple steps to get to it. My preference would be to have a bathroom in the room but I did not think to ask that question before booking the room. The atmosphere is informal as you could get a soda or iced tea anytime out of the fridge. Each B&B has it's own personality and this one is very quaint. The stained glass windows are beautiful. I would recommend this B&B if you select a room with the bathroom inside the room. Again, the breakfasts were awesome, plentiful and they even offered seconds!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 September 2009

My husband and I were traveling to Ohio from NC and wanted to split the drive up so we decided on Charleston, WV. We did not want to stay in a hote so opted for a B&B. The Brass Pineapple is located in a residetial area only 1 blcok from the capital. Not too many choices of restaurants within walking distance. We were surprised by how crowded the B&B was, I think there were at least 4/5 other couples there. The rooms are not the best, we could hear what our neighbors were up to and you could hear water running at night when someone used one of the bathrooms in the house. The breakfast was delightful!! Fresh vegies and eggs from a local farm were all very nice touches. There was wine and tea in the evening that we could help ourselves too which are very nice touches.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at teh Brass Pineapple.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2009

My fiance and I arranged a last minute trip to Charleston and were able to book a night at the Brass Pineapple. The hostess was very thorough about finalizing arrangements and even called us the morning of our arrival to see if we had any other questions or needs. They were able to accommodate for a vegetarian meal and their breakfast was quite tasty. Their staff also prepared several baked treats that were left out for coffee/tea time during the afternoon/evening.

We had the "English Gentleman's" room - The room itself was beautifully decorated and located on the second floor with its own private shower. Another room on the floor had a bath down the hall, separate from its actual room. While the linens and bedding were very nice, our one concern of our room was the old and noisy window A/C unit that was noisy on all of its settings. We tried to sleep with the unit off, but the room became toasty fairly quickly. The next day, we learned that the 3rd floor upstairs central A/C had broken and may have factored into the room warming up faster on the 2nd floor. Also, our room did NOT have a ceiling fan, unlike some of the other rooms on the floor - this would have come in handy with our A/C unit off... Other than the A/C unit, our stay was quite lovely. Breakfast was served at a large communal dining table for guests to intermingle. The B&B also boasted a nice porch sitting area, but be forewarned that you might want to bring mosquito repellant during the warmer months!

The B&B is located in a prime location in downtown Charleston with fairly safe neighborhoods surrounding it. It is only a block away from the Kanawha River, which is quite scenic to walk along. If you enjoy B&B's, this will certainly be a treat, as most of the other hotels in Charleston are pretty run-of-the-mill hotel chains which need updating...

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2009

This is one of the few non-chain hotel options in Charleston. The owner is very organized, with all of the switches in the room clearly marked and a list of recommended restaurants with directions. The food is good with afternoon tea, wine and cheese and breakfast all included. However, we were not advised that the wireless internet was down untll we mentioned at checkout that we could not get service. We probably would have overlooked this had we not encountered the mildew problem in the shower. To make matters worse, the owner was aware of the problem and let us take the room anyway (it was the most expensive room in the place) even though we were the only guests during our stay. No apologies or price adjustments were offered. One other note: the room was small and the bathroom VERY small. I didn't see any other rooms but since this was the "best" room in the house, this could be a problem if you are not model-size.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2009

My husband and I stayed here for one night and we loved it. Our room was very clean and the staff was so friendly. The food was excellent. It's probably the best breakfast I have had at a B & B.

One of the ladies told me about how she used to have bad allergies and what she did to get better. I shared this information with my grandparents and now my Grandad is on the same program, and he is getting better!

Can't wait to go back and stay again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clever210
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Clean, comfortable rooms. Just a beautiful inn - the outside does not do it justice. The staff is absolutely wonderful wonderful, and knowledgeable about local restaurants and attractions and always provide service with a smile. Filling, delicious meals. Very understated elegance. The porch is spacious and comfortable, and the parlor is great for relaxing. Charleston as a town does not have a lot to do, but just staying at this inn is worth the trip.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ilovecharleston
Reviewed 13 April 2009

What a wonderful find! It is a true bed and breakfast in every sense of the word. My husband and I run a B&B/guesthouse, so we always try to find one for our lodging when we travel, and we always learn something fresh from our stays.

The Brass Pineapple is an early 1900s house impeccably decorated on a quiet street near the capital building in Charleston, WV. Hospitality +++ from Lisa, the owner (even when we weren't able to arrive until nearly 7:30pm). She showed us where to find cake, iced tea and other hospitality items in the kitchen and dining area. We walked to a cute restaurant she recommended (Bluegrass Kitchen) and had a wonderful dinner with a bottle of wine, and a huge piece of yummy tiramisu for dessert. Came back and sat on the front porch before retiring for the evening to the "Grandmother's" room, located on the 3rd floor. They have wi-fi available throughout the building, though with our short stay, we didn't bother turning on our laptop. Wonderfully comfortable king size bed. Chocolates on the nightstand. Breakfast definitely makes it worth rising early, as Lisa is a gourmet cook and sets a beautiful table. (Found out that she caters luncheons, showers, dinners, and the like--a nice feature as part of a B&B. It was good Friday, so my husband and I weren't able to eat meat that morning, but our special need was met without any problem. Come to find out she purchases all of her groceries from local vendors. She took plenty of time to chat with us about a myriad of topics, including innkeeping, since we had that in common. I can't even begin to tell you how clean this B&B is. We are already thinking of who of our family members would enjoy a stay at the Brass Pineapple. I can say without hesitation that this would make a wonderful home away from home, whether you are traveling for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple