“A GREAT HOTEL”

Wyndham Garden Hotel Cross Lanes Charleston
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cross Lanes
Reviewed 12 August 2013

If you're looking for a great hotel with awesome service and the best manager (Cindy Bagwell) on the planet, PLEASE stay at the Cross Lanes Comfort Inn... I've stayed there MANY times and this hotel treats is guests like they are at a Hyatt! The indoor pool is great, and the seasonal outdoor pool is a great place for a tan and cool water.

Nearby is the Mardi-Gras Casino.... A Bob Evans, Fridays, Taco Bell and Wendy's, or you can order room-service food and eat at the pool or in your room... The hot breakfast can't be beat!!!

The rooms are clean and large!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank MarkHallburn
ComfortInnWV, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel Cross Lanes Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate you pointing our our room service for guest rooms and our pools. We are happy you enjoy your stays with us.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I stayed here for a week on business. First, off there are no stairs, pack light or ask for a first floor room. Since I would be here a week, I had to ask for a room with microwave/fridge. The first room they gave me was on the other end of the building at the top of the stairs right beside a loud/broken ice machine. I figured it would be okay once I got in my room and had the door closed. I was wrong, I could still hear the machine. And to add to it, I was right beside a road that had 2 semi's pass by within 10 minutes. I called the desk and asked for a room change. The woman seemed to have an issue with this and told me she would call back. She called back approximately 5 minutes later and said come get your keys, this room should be better. We I got moved on top of the welcome desk. The wifi is great here, but the traffic checking in and out of the hotel is just as bad as the busy road. I dealt with it, but the morning checkouts were getting annoying. I have an issue with hotel maids after having my identity stolen a while back. Because of this, I have to ask the front desk for towels/shampoo/ etc. I asked for new towels on day and was not given any, so I went to the outside pool and took a few from the stash there. One night on my way into the hotel, I stopped and asked for shampoo/soap/conditioner. The woman was too busy having a personal conversation on the phone to look and said she didn't have any and would have someone drop some off in 10 minutes. I never received any. I then went back to the desk in the morning to get some, and the woman was too busy reading the paper behind the desk to acknowledge me. She had to then walk down the hall to get some, only to come back with no conditioner. The free breakfast sucks, unless you get there when it opens. They do not replenish the items and once they're gone, they're gone. They also have no ice at breakfast, so every morning I asked the woman working the coffee bar for ice. She would walk across the hall into the bar and fill up my cup with ice. Well my last morning there, a new woman was at the coffee bar and refused to fill up my ice. Instead she handed me a plastic cup and walked me to the closest ice machine, 40 rooms down the hall. The fitness center is nice, but the treadmill is broken, and it overlooks the indoor pool. The outdoor pool is nice, no complaints there. A week before this, I stayed at the Dunbar Plaza Motel, and I would definitely stay there again, than stay here!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ChassidyK
ComfortInnWV, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel Cross Lanes Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

I would like to thank you for your feedback. Also, I would like to apologize for the the inconveniences you experienced while you were here. The level of service you wrote about disappointing and truly not how we want you to preceive our hotel. I would like for you to return so we can regain your confidence.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Writing this at 1222 am, as I have now endured over an hour of multiple rooms on my floor engaging in profanity and drug fueled arguments in the hallway. This hotels supposed no tolerance policy on noise was not enforced. Second complaint is supposed to result in removal from the premises and it has not.

• Stayed: August 2013
ComfortInnWV, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel Cross Lanes Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

First I would like to thank you for your comments. As the General Manager, I am both personally and professionally offended by the issues that made your stay less than comfortable. You are absolutely right in pointing out that we have a zero tolerance policy on noise, smoking and other annoyances in our hotel. I can assure you this element is not typical of activities on our property. We unfortunately had a desk clerk who was inexperienced in handling situations of this matter or they would have been handle more proactively. Please accept my apology and give us another opportunity to regain your confidence.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

My husband stays here frequently when on business. I decided to go with him and relax by the pool and have a little time to myself while he worked. I was very surprised by the cleanliness and the comfort, especially for the price. Had plently of space in our room, which also provided a fridge and microwave. I spent two days laying by the pool (outside) reading a book and then visited the indoor pool and hot tub in the evenings. Breakfast was very good (and free), coffee was provided 24/7 and they even have a bar. It was very conveniently located, directly off the Interstate with several restuarants, Casinos, etc. nearby. Will definately stay here again and look forward to the next time I might be able to steal a way from work the next time he is working in this area again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Your kind comments are rewarding to the staff. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

The purpose of any hotel is to enable a good night's sleep. That requires a few hours of breathing. That in turn requires breathable air. Unfortunately, our room at this hotel had totally sealed windows, no central ventilation, no hallway ventilation, a bathroom exhaust fan worthy of an air raid siren, and a stinky recirculating air "conditioner" fit for a banshee in hellw. In short, one could either breathe cold stinky air, with ear plugs AND surgical cochleal suppressors -or- warm stinky stale air, with a survival instinctectomy. Need I estimate the number of hours of sleep my family collected? Can use one hand. Lesson for fellow travelers: if the room stinks, the experience will stink.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank fche

Thank you for your feedback. It will be used constructively.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

My kids love to swim, so we always stay at a hotel with a pool. This hotel has TWO!!! One is outdoor (with softly glowing lights that change color in the evening) and one is indoor. Both have waterfalls (which the kids loved to play under) and the indoor one is heated. One additional bonus is a bar which is attached to both the lobby area and the outdoor pool. I could imagine myself relaxing with a drink poolside (while I didn't get a chance to this time).

The other thing I look for is clean. I don't mind older décor as long as everything is clean. In this case the entire place looks like it was built yesterday, and our room was spotless. They were sold out the night we stayed, and I never heard a sound from our room.

More expensive than some Comfort Inns I've stayed at, but well worth the price.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
ComfortInnWV, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel Cross Lanes Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

We are pleased our property was a plus for your entire family. I am happy to know you took the time to enjoy the true amenities of the property. Thank you and welcome again.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Very clean rooms. No problems with staff. Cleaning ladies were very nice and did a great job. Parking was a little tight because we spent the weekend and it was full. Mattresses were comfortable-not too soft or too hard. The breakfast was good. It had meat, eggs, waffles, gravy and everything else that goes with a continental breakfast.. There were no surprise, which is a good thing. Price was a little high but well worth it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased your enjoyed the property and staff. We will see you all again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cross Lanes
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
#2 of 3 in South Charleston
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston South
Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge

Been to Wyndham Garden Hotel Cross Lanes Charleston? Share your experiences!