“Best Ever”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Cross Lanes
West Virginia
“Best Ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2008

it was the comforts of home away from home had fresh new linens on the bed, staff was great, room looked and smelled great. have to say the housekeepers do a great job, if you want to call the maintnane guy maintnance, i think you could do better, he might do better if he was'nt following the one housekeeper around like a dog inheat. met her once while there her name is rose,she"s a hard worker,and full of wise cracks, and has the attitude of a professional. as for the front desk person, she thought it was more important to be on cell phone than to take care of people wanting to check in. three suggestions to you, 1) this is first motel that i've stayed at that the employees wear what they want. be more professioal wear and make it mandatory to have uniforms.2) more work could be done if everyone was'nt on cell phones and no dating or going out with the guest.3) cut some trees down so people can see the establishment and not look for a very tall sign.or stop to ask where you're located at.loved it becaused you have wifi,tri state is 1/2 mile away. no sexual comments in front of everyone or talk about personal lives of yourself or others

• Liked — my stay,wifi gambling
  • Disliked — my light wasnt on for me, lighting,employee dress codes
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2008

Great hotel for the price! Close to Tri state gaming center. Have stayed here 3 times and am planning on going again this fall.
For all of you that have complained about this hotel, remember you get what you pay for. For the price its a good clean hotel for a quick over night stay.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Roanoke Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2008

My husband And I Stayed At Motel For a Night, The only Real problems i Had Was that The Woman At The Desk Was Very Rude To Me upon check In, she was more generious towards my husband than me. the head housekeeper was sitting in chair with another guest and flirting with the guest, not very professional as i was giving the desk clerk a dirty look. we went to our room the room smelled ok, but carpet really needed cleaned. i sent my husband for some ice, he was gone for a lenghy time, when i popped around the corner the deskclerk was wanting to get to know my husband a little better, i got my husband back to our room where we spent a very disappointing evening together. have a suggestion: get some trust worthy employees there, stop the flirting with the customers also noticed no other housekeepers on the property at 7:05P/M and tell all employees to quit giving out there phone numbers to the men. the parking lot needs some added lighting. i'll stay again soon, but i better have a better exprience than the last time. the price was well in my price range.

• Liked — beds were clean and soft
  • Disliked — the little woman flirting with the guest, desk clerk very un- professional
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Cross Lanes hotels

Rockwall, Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2007

Daughter, 9 yr old Granddaughter and I stayed 1 night .The other hotels were too high priced for a quick stay..We were impressed with the one story lay out and could get our luggage in and out of the room quickly and easily. The room was comfortable and the outside pool was great for the 9 year old. The desk clerk was fast and friendly and informed me About the free Tri-state casino transportation to and from the hotel. The price was so good, we were able to pay for breakfast in a restaurant the next day and still this was our cheapest one night stay on our 5 night trip...Walmart was across from the casino which was down the road and around the corner. We felt safe and the hotel was in a great location off I64.Our room had comfortable queen beds ..Highly recommend it !

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — No continental Breakfast
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank DebraLynn
Boonville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2007

We just returned from driving my kids half way to see their grandparents. We met "in the middle" of our two houses in Cross Lanes WV at the Motel 6, and I was pretty nervous about the hotel.
I am very pleased with the service we received, the facilities and the price.
Service: Staff was helpful and pleasant, though the front desk was busy every time I dropped in. I witnessed one employee deal very nicely with a rude customer. When we checked out, the clerk sincerely wanted to know if there was anything she could have done to improve our stay.
Facilities: Very easy to find off of I-64. Complementary coffee available in the lobby. All rooms are ground level. The pool was sparkling clean and extra towels were available at the front desk. Vending machines were available and a Bob Evans restaurant is within walking distance. Taco Bell is also nearby and there are many more restaurants within a five minute drive.
The rooms were immaculate. We checked in before rooms were available, and the service staff was rushed to accommodate us. They still did a thorough job and it smelled great.
There is a nearby casino type resort, and I believe a regular shuttle is available for transport.
Price: One of the cheapest in the area and well worth the price. The hotel allows one pet per room at NO additional charge.

CONS:
Nothing major. There were a few carpet stains and a hole in one of the comforters. For allowing pets, there were not a lot of grassy spaces, and they were littered with pet waste. There was no shampoo in the room. Hey, I'm not at the Hilton!!

Overall, this was a GREAT experience, well exceeding my expectations.

• Liked — clean and cheap
  • Disliked — no shampoo!
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank pookyjo2
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2006

I was actually hesitant to stay at this motel 6 again, I've stayed at this same property on a few occaisions prior to this last stay. But, as I usually do, I waited until the last minute to find a room and when I did a quick search, yep, Motel 6 was the only place affordable enough for me that still had rooms available. So I booked it, still very hesitant, since on previous stays I found the rooms to be old and in need of repairs and to be honest, the rooms smelled quite bad. HOWEVER, when I arrived for this stay, I was simply AMAZED!! The rooms were very clean, smelled very fresh, the walls had new paint and were no longer in need of repairs, the carpet was clean and I can honestly say that I've never met more likable employees then I met at this motel. They were so cordial and friendly and the girls in housekeeping were outstanding! Always asking if I needed anything and NOT ONE TIME, knocking on my door screaming HOUSEKEEPING, as has happened sooo many times in the past at other hotels/motels. Motel 6..CONGRATULATIONS on a job WELL DONE!! You've outdone yourselves, making me once again, a regular patron of your property and a very happy customer!! Thank You!!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — would like to see a more secure parking lot
  • Tips/Secrets — Right down the road, Tri-State Gaming and Casino!! Go ENJOY!!
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with friends
Holiday Inn Express Cross Lanes
Wyndham Garden Cross Lanes Charleston
Mardi Gras Casino & Resort
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charleston South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#2 of 3 in South Charleston
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
#1 of 3 in South Charleston

Been to Motel 6 Charleston West - Cross Lanes WV? Share your experiences!