“Short on menus but the staff is great!”

Blackwater Brewing Company
Ranked #8 of 22 Restaurants in Davis
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Brewery and brewpub, offering an evolving menu of fresh-cooked meals as pairing and compliment to our award-winning European-style session beers.
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We wandered in on a Saturday night and found the staff welcoming and ready to please. The brewery produces 3-4 different beers and has very reasonable prices. The hard apple cider on tap was a treat and the food was tasty. There were no menus and the options were limited (basically burgers or fish with fries)- not a place where you'll find a full menu. They did have veggie burgers for the vegetarian in the crowd and were happy to consider substitutions. All in all a very pleasant evening, though we left wanting a bit more.

1  Thank travelingmv
There are newer reviews for Blackwater Brewing Company

Reviewed 17 July 2013

The food was pretty good. The wait staff was average. The beer is really good but charged me 21.00 for a half growler which normally goes for 5.00 most places. I would recommend Mountain Valley Brewery if your a true beer lover.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Have you ever walked into a place to eat and the people that were seated, said... don't bother staying as the chef just walked out! This was my experience...

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We basically had no expectations about this restaurant at all, but really enjoyed our visit. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive to our needs. She even brought us a basket of the beer bread for free. As an appetizer we ordered onion rings and they were great. For my meal I had a hamburger with blue cheese and grilled onions. It was a good size patty and came with french fries. We also tried some of their micro-brewed beers. They were very good !! We would certainly visit this restaurant again.

1  Thank kuskadog
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We visited here on July 4th weekend and out of the four things on the shortened menu they were out. The burger patty was a size smaller than the bun-a size patty you would expect from a fast food place.

When I ordered my burger, I asked if I could have bacon on it. The waitress replied, "We aren't doing that this weekend." $26 for two burgers, a beer, and a water.

1  Thank WVUEric