“Clean, No Frills place to stay”
Review of Canaan Village Inn

Canaan Village Inn
Annapolis, Maryland
“Clean, No Frills place to stay”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Very clean and nice place to stay. Definitely no frills, but if you want a place to hang your hat after skiing, this is a great place. The owner was very nice, friendly and and helpful. It was close to Timberline ski resort and had plenty of restaurants to walk to in the area. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Hampstead, Maryland
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Well, that was the only good part. It was the time of year that is very busy in WVa due to the beauty of the fall leaves. First I had a problem with the reservation. I called a week ahead to confirm it and luckily I had asked them for an email confirmation when I made the reservations. They had no record of my reservation and asked if I had made the reservation on the internet. When I said no, they asked who I had spoken to. When I told them that I had the email with the confirmation and the suite number, they took at least 5 minutes to say that they finally found it but the suite number would be changed. Ok, at least I had the reservation now. So when we arrived they said they had again changed our suite but that was ok with us. Upon entering the suite, it was very cold and took some time for the heat to come on and warm the apartment.
The apartment was small but comfortable. Then we opened the bed. The sheets were so thin in spots that you could actually read the paper through the sheets. I wasn't sure at first what we were seeing, if it was large spots or large holes. Luckily we did take our own pillows. I was glad we were only staying there one night.
The good part is that the owners were very nice. But do not expect much because you will be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Jana and Sam made the stay very comfortable. Great place to stay, very clean. I had a room on the road side of the motel and didn't hear any traffic, Quiet! Plenty of parking and easy access to the rooms. They just upgraded their wireless internet access and have plenty of bandwidth. There are several restaurants in the area with varying options for meals. I will definitely return to the Inn during future trips.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband, daughter, dog and I stayed there from August 31,2013- September 1, 2013. The room was very clean. The owner Jana and Sam were very friendly and very helpful. We will defiantly come back again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Want to experience the best of the "good ol' days" you remember? Remember the days when you were greeted as a welcomed houseguest, instead of a registrant? Things didn't have to be fancy, but the accommodations were the cleanest ever! And this motel, so near the many attractions and festivals in the region, is the most affordable motel in the valley to boot! There was nothing nicer than stretching out in a comfortable, clean 2 bedroom suite (with fully equipped kitchen!) on a trip that found bobolinks on Cortland Rd. (heads-up birders!), a NW-like rainforest look at the top of the Timberline chairlift on Trail #2, hiked Seneca Rocks and ate the best gormet veggie pizza ever at Sirianni's in Davis. I only discovered WV last year but have been back 4x's now. The scenery (like Dolly Sods), wild nature (Rough Grouse and Bobolinks), attractions (Cass Railroad), and festivals all call me back! There's always something spectacular to see and I now have a new favorite place to stay right in the middle of it all!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Debbie D
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I am a travel agent in Ohio and had some vacation time accumulated and wanted to head to the mountains. I decided to drive the Midland Trail, Route 60 and on into Canaan Valley, WV. One of the most beautiful places I have ever been truly! I have been to Alaska 3 times, The Smokies more times than I can count, The Blue Ridge, The Rockies, San Vedo in Costa Rico and The Sierra's. The reason I chose Canaan Village Inn was because of the amazing "Inn Keepers" Jana (pronounced Yana) and her husband Sam. The location is amazing! I had a lovely 2 bedroom apartment that was immaculately clean, fully equipped and so comforatable. Jana and Sam do everything in their power to make you feel welcome and part of the family and totally help you with advise of places to see and explore. If you are looking for a Ritz or similar... this is a different kind of 5 star...the simple touches of true "customer service" and even a mini golf course. Everything is close by...Caverns, Senaca Rock, Spruce Nob (highest point in WV), horseback riding, ski resort, Black Water Falls!! So much to see and do and Canaan Village Inn Is your wonderful oasis after a long day of "daytrippin'! I personally cannot wait to go back for the fall colors!

Room Tip: The rooms are super clean and you can even bring your pet.