“Not Bad”
Review of Canaan Village Inn

Canaan Village Inn
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Clean decent size room for the price. VERY friendly and responsive staff. Room was very basic, TV a little small and limited channel selection and no phone. Cell phone reception (Sprint and Verizon) was very weak. All that being said, the room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very basic but all we needed was a comfortable bed to sleep in after skiing at canaan and timberline. Had a mini fridge, microwave and small tv. We stayed in a room with a king size bed. Very clean. Super, super friendly staff. Offers discounts at both ski resorts for lift tickets and tubing. This inn is also very close to blackwater state park and othe great places to visit and eat. Would definitely go here again. Make sure to call to book your room as they offer discounts that are not available to online booking. Very pleased with the stay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rinrin1988
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We have been traveling to the beautiful Canaan mountains for years and when we do we always stay at our favorite Inn in the heart of the valley, the Canaan Village Inn. Innkeepers Sam and Jana do an excellent job of running the Inn and making patrons feel at home. The Canaan Village Inn is a favorite of ours because it's a cozy and economical get-away within easy access to a multitude of recreational opportunities and eateries. So if a trip to the Valley is in your future plans, we would certainly highly recommend the Canaan Village Inn as a wonderful base of operations for all your activities.
Gene and Claudia
Clarksburg WV

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We came here to have a weekend at Seneca Rocks/Dolly Sods and enjoy the foliage last October. The room was quite clean, the beds were comfortable. It does not have any real breakfast to speak of, but that didn't bother me.

The people were very, very nice. They were willing to switch things around to give me a first floor room, which was lovely, and they took very good care of us. The internet was fine.

It is no frills, but I tend to like that because I was there to go see wonderful things. As long as hings are clean and I feel safe and well rested, I don't worry about the rest.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Very clean and nice place to stay. Definitely no frills, but if you want a place to hang your hat after skiing, this is a great place. The owner was very nice, friendly and and helpful. It was close to Timberline ski resort and had plenty of restaurants to walk to in the area. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Well, that was the only good part. It was the time of year that is very busy in WVa due to the beauty of the fall leaves. First I had a problem with the reservation. I called a week ahead to confirm it and luckily I had asked them for an email confirmation when I made the reservations. They had no record of my reservation and asked if I had made the reservation on the internet. When I said no, they asked who I had spoken to. When I told them that I had the email with the confirmation and the suite number, they took at least 5 minutes to say that they finally found it but the suite number would be changed. Ok, at least I had the reservation now. So when we arrived they said they had again changed our suite but that was ok with us. Upon entering the suite, it was very cold and took some time for the heat to come on and warm the apartment.
The apartment was small but comfortable. Then we opened the bed. The sheets were so thin in spots that you could actually read the paper through the sheets. I wasn't sure at first what we were seeing, if it was large spots or large holes. Luckily we did take our own pillows. I was glad we were only staying there one night.
The good part is that the owners were very nice. But do not expect much because you will be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Jana and Sam made the stay very comfortable. Great place to stay, very clean. I had a room on the road side of the motel and didn't hear any traffic, Quiet! Plenty of parking and easy access to the rooms. They just upgraded their wireless internet access and have plenty of bandwidth. There are several restaurants in the area with varying options for meals. I will definitely return to the Inn during future trips.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davis
2 mi away
5 mi away
Blackwater Falls State Park Lodge
Windwood Fly-in Resort
Abrams Creek Retreat & Campground

Been to Canaan Village Inn? Share your experiences!