“Great Stay at Bright Morning Inn”
Review of Bright Morning Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Davis
Bright Morning Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Davis B&B and Inns
PA
“Great Stay at Bright Morning Inn”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

After spending the last 2 nights at the Bright Morning Inn, I have to say our stay was excellent!! What a charming little place. The décor is so country and made our stay feel right at home. Everything was sparkling clean!! There is a nice sitting area and small table where we enjoyed relaxing with our friends. The Inn has a wonderful breakfast which is included in the stay. (The omlet with cheddar, bacon and apples is really yummy) Very peaceful and quiet place!

Room Tip: All rooms are appealing.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank blondiePA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Burke, Virginia
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My boyfriend enjoyed the huevos rancheros of our free breakfast and also liked that the room had a bathroom in it. It was clean and the owner was friendly and gave us a map to where to find ramps (wild leek that grows in the forest). Overall fun weekend!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GoosesRUs
Thurmont, Maryland
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My husband and I recently stayed here for 4 nights and we were very pleased with our stay. This was our second time staying at this bed and breakfast and each time we have stayed here we have thoroughly enjoyed our visit. It has a warm and welcoming feeling when you arrive and the rooms are all very attractively decorated with antiques, quilts on the beds and various art work pieces that contribute to the inviting atmosphere and are reminiscent of the late 1800's-early 1900's logging history of this building and the towns of Davis and nearby Thomas. It is in a great location for near by down hill and cross country skiing, hiking, snow shoeing, mountain biking and just exploring the area. We came to experience the area, not to sit in our room so it is not important about the lack of tv in the rooms. If you feel you absolutely can't live without tv , there is one located downstairs in a sitting area. It is also within several minutes of walking distance to very good nearby restaurants and some specialty shops. You really can't beat the value of the price of the room along with a full breakfast that you can order anything off the breakfast menu and it is included in the price of the room. The staff are very friendly and we found the food to be excellent. Susan was also extremely helpful to my husband and I recommending near by hiking trails that we would never had found if it hadn't been for her suggestions. It really added to our stay as these were truly beautiful places to see so we were very grateful for her recommendations. We will certainly return again to stay here and we can't wait to return in the near future!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Leonidus54
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I hadn't noticed the rate I was charged until I got home...My fault...When I called and questioned my receipt I was told the rate was not $95 as posted in the computer, but was $119...Susan said she would honor the rate in the computer without any fuss...When I informed her that the rates on her site were incorrect she told me "it is difficult to keep up with the changing rates"...I didn't get the impression they were ever going to get corrected (3 weeks later and they are the same) that is why I felt obligated to post this for my fellow travelers...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Greatlakessailor
SusanMoore044, Owner at Bright Morning Inn, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
I am sorry that there was an error about your room rate. Our rates change depending upon the room, the season, and even the day of the week. I know it sounds lame, but sometimes it is hard to keep up with them, especially at times when the seasonal rate shifts! In this case, ski season had just ended and I accidentally charged the wrong rate for a one night stay. When questioned I apologized and sent a refund. The rates on the internet are correct, though. Again, I apologize for any grief this incident may have caused you.
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Bright Morning has everything I look for in a Bed & Breakfast - great location, comfortable bed, helpful service, good breakfast and a nice atmosphere. There was a big snowfall when we arrived but Susan, the proprietor, was out at 7 am shovelling the snow from the path - a sure sign that she cares about her guests. This is a great area for hiking so it's great that dogs are welcomed for a small surcharge.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Springfield, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Visited during recent snowstorm (18") to go xc skiing / snowshoeing. Room 6 was billed as smaller, but it was very comfortable, attractive and more than adequate in size. The breakfast was excellent. The living room area was a great meeting place for watching winter olympics with other guests and sharing snacks and stories. Two very good restaurants were a 30 second walk from the B&B and others were equally close or at most a 1 minute drive away.
Proprietor Susan was very helpful with comments about local attractions from winter sports to kayaking and hiking.
I will definitely look to stay here again for skiing and hiking.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gwmatthes
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This January was the second visit for us to Bright Morning Inn, the first being 4 years ago for the same purpose--to go cross country skiing at Whitegrass Ski Center, about a 10 minute drive away. We stayed for 3 nights mid week. The rooms are comfortable, clean, with an adequate bathroom, and about 12 x 12' in size (without the bathroom included). Not large, but plenty big enough to store lots of winter gear in the midst of a severe cold snap. The first night we stayed this year the temp. went to -15 or so. The room was cozy, but we did use the space heater set on low. The second night when the low was "only" 0 degrees, we didn't need the space heater. No TVs but a good WiFi connection made emails, iPad browsing easy. The reception/living room area is comfortable, with lots of local books, games, a TV, videos, etc.

Breakfast is better than average. Very good pancakes, eggs, omelets, prepared to individual order. Susan, the innkeeper is a delight to talk to about anything, but she skis daily and has lots of local knowledge about restaurants, parks, etc. which she is happy to share. All in all this a relaxed place to be. I'll recommend a few restaurants on separate reviews.

Room Tip: We had room 7, previously room 5. Room 7 is at the back, away from street noise (not an issue in m...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davis
Canaan Valley Resort
Canaan Village Inn
#1 of 7 in Davis
Windwood Fly-in Resort
North Fork Mountain Inn

Been to Bright Morning Inn? Share your experiences!