“I was overcharged”

Super 8 Dunbar/Charleston Area
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Dunbar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Dunbar
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Very good room, clean and great location next to the interstate. Friendly nice hotel and cleaning staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Dale S, General Manager at Super 8 Dunbar/Charleston Area, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Glad to hear we met our goal that each guest find our hotel clean, friendly and simply super!
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Decided to book a room last minute after a LONG day of holiday travel. After getting settled in to our room, I drew a bath for my two daughters (five and two). Started our little bathtime routine, and look up to see a bar of used bath soap with a pubic hair sticking out of it on the shelf. The tub had not been cleaned. I promptly pulled the girls out and sent them to bed. Called the front desk, and requested a comp, she offered me another room. My level of exhaustion was very high and the girls were asleep so i declined to move. The room wasn't bad aside from the bathroom. She said she would get ahold of her manger to see what comps were available. After checking back with her, she stated the manager would only give a $10 discount off my $75 rate. I asked to speak to the manager, she said he was very hard to get ahold of, but would be in tomorrow. I asked when, she said it was hard to say when he would actually make it in, "probably 8:00". This is an hour after my projected check out time. My disappointment isn't with the situation, but more the lack of empathy from the staff and unavailability of the general manager. Wyndham, you are off of my list forever, and you will never get my business again.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Maya M
Dale S, General Manager at Super 8 Dunbar/Charleston Area, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
I'm sorry that our housekeeper didn't clean the room to the standard it should have been. Had we known that it was more than just a used bar of soap, I would have been more than happy to make it right.

Travellers are raving about these Dunbar hotels

Shaker Heights, Ohio
Reviewed 10 April 2014

THE hotel does not hold any rooms back from travelers. They gave me the last room in the hotel and honored my every request. The front desk male clerk I would like to single out.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for the positive review. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel clean and our staff friendly.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunbar
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charleston South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#2 of 3 in South Charleston
Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
#1 of 3 in South Charleston
Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City
Four Points by Sheraton Charleston
Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge

Been to Super 8 Dunbar/Charleston Area? Share your experiences!