Dunbar Plaza Hotel
US$92
US$154
US$126
US$105
Sleep Inn & Suites(Cross Lanes)
US$111
US$110
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 March 2005

We had an irritating night at the Travelodge. Arrived late with two tired kids. Checked in, unloaded, and discovered that the thermostat on the heater did not work - only options were full blast or off. Reported this to desk staff, who gave us a different room on another hall. After loading up the sleepy kids and our stuff and moving, we found the next room had a major mildewy smell. Heat seemed to work fine in the beginning, but after an hour refused to kick back on. We gave up and slept in the cold room. The room was cheap and had queen size beds, and has a dandy Shoney's next door for breakfast. Otherwise, this hotel has little to recommend it.

3  Thank daymiller
Reviewed 17 March 2005

If I had my own transportation, I would have left this hotel immediately. It was a business trip where a coworker held the company credit card and was using their personal car, so I had no choice in the matter. I have never stayed in such conditions before. We had a non-smoking room; however, the room smelled of smoke. The hallways reeked of smoke so much so that it took my breath away. The furniture had not been cleaned, and there was sticky stuff all over the place. The bathroom was dirty, and there was a hair in the sink. I was not surprised when in the middle of the night the smoke alarm went off and the hotel had to be evacuated as a result of cigarette smoking in a non-smoking area. Needless to say, I will never stay here again.

3  Thank Imnotaduck
Reviewed 28 December 2004

THEY DO NOT HAVE AN INDOOR POOL AS PICTURED on many travel search sites such as Orbitz, Travelocity and Expedia! I called the hotel directly before booking online only to discover the indoor pool was replaced by a lounge. They do not offer an outdoor pool either for that matter. Buyer beware!

1  Thank tubbs2987