“DO NOT STAY HERE, DISGUSTING!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Dunbar Plaza Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
and 1 more site!
Dunbar Plaza Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Dunbar
Wayne WV
“DO NOT STAY HERE, DISGUSTING!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2010

We booked a jacuzzi room here for our 1 year anniversay because it was close to Mardi Gras casino. When we arrived the outside of the building was less than desirable but we thought we would check out the room. The lady at the front desk was extremely rude & did not have our reservation. When we showed her our confirmation page with a PICTURE of the hotel on it, she said it was not their motel but she gave us a room. The interior hallways and elevator were FILTHY. The first room we were given was DISGUSTING. The jacuzzi was FILTHY and there were stains on the toilet seat & shower curtain. When we called the front desk, we were told that there was no one to clean the room & we would have to change rooms. I stayed in this room while my husband went to check out another room. While I was waiting for my husband to return, a maintenance man opened the door with his key without knocking and told me he was sent to check out the room. He looked at the jacuzzi and said "yeah it's dirty" & left. My husband said the second room had mouse droppings on the bathroom sink. When we went to the front desk to tell them we were leaving, the woman asked what was wrong & when we told her all she had to say was "ok", no apology or anything. We went 2 exits back on the interstate to Cross lanes and stayed at a comfort inn AT the casino, paid $50 more than what we would've paid at this dump & had a fabulous, CLEAN jacuzzi room!!
Stay away from this travelodge, it is DISGUSTING and the employees are RUDE!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MGIRL1972

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Dayton, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

I showed up at the hotel after midnight and a few hours after I made my reservation. Check in took a while because of the long line. When it was finally my turn my reservation had not made it from the website to the hotel. The hotel staff did an excellent job of rectifying the situation, even after calling the 800 number on the website who was very rude.

When I arrived in the room, it was quite gross. I attached a picture of the first thing I saw when I walked in the bathroom. The sheets were very thin and the bedding smelled like the last person who stayed there. If it had been earlier in the evening, I probably would have gone somewhere else after seeing the room.

I stay in hotels about 150 nights a year and this overtook as my worst hotel yet.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank traveleezer

Travellers are raving about these Dunbar hotels

ashville nc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2009

this was the week from hell i was in town on business or i would have left the first nite my company paid in advance dirty rooms bath room floor hadnt been clean in months nasty carpit in the halls came in from work two nites in a row to find my room had not been cleaned the front desk couldnt have cared

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Washington Court House Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2009

Wife and I stayed here for a night to go to the casino/racetrack . We didnt have reservaions anywhere, Tried some of the hotels closer to the casino first to find out all had no rooms available. (comfort inn, motel6, sleep inn). This travelodge is only ten minutes or so drive from the casino.. This room was half the price I would have paid at the comfort inn if we were able to get a room there. Friendly staff here. Could have been a little cleaner is some areas and needs to be updated in some areas also.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2005

Last year I stayed at this hotel. Though the room was decent, I was not impressed with the condition of the hotel in general. The hallways and common areas looked worn, dingy, and dirty. The breakfast area was horrible. Gnats were swarming all over the juice machine. The room I reserved turned out to be in the building adjacent to the main building/lobby. The security lock for the door that was to be opened with a the room key was broken and the door didn't lock at all...so much for a secure building. If I hadn't been meeting with friends who had just driven a moving van cross country and were exhausted, I would have cancelled the reservation and found accomodations elsewhere. Management at the time indicated that the hotel was to undergo a major renovation and change brands. That does not seem to have taken place.

Ended up going back to this location in early 2005 for a meeting being held in the conference room. Conditions looked much the same. In fact, the planners apologized but were stuck with this location since plans for an alternate site had fallen through on short notice.

I would not stay at this location again.

• Stayed June 2004
travelodgedunbar, Manager at Dunbar Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2008
Newly renovated rooms in 2008. Property has nicest staff in town and great accomodations at a reasonable price. Come visit us soon.
Westford, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2005

We had an irritating night at the Travelodge. Arrived late with two tired kids. Checked in, unloaded, and discovered that the thermostat on the heater did not work - only options were full blast or off. Reported this to desk staff, who gave us a different room on another hall. After loading up the sleepy kids and our stuff and moving, we found the next room had a major mildewy smell. Heat seemed to work fine in the beginning, but after an hour refused to kick back on. We gave up and slept in the cold room. The room was cheap and had queen size beds, and has a dandy Shoney's next door for breakfast. Otherwise, this hotel has little to recommend it.

3 Thank daymiller
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2005

If I had my own transportation, I would have left this hotel immediately. It was a business trip where a coworker held the company credit card and was using their personal car, so I had no choice in the matter. I have never stayed in such conditions before. We had a non-smoking room; however, the room smelled of smoke. The hallways reeked of smoke so much so that it took my breath away. The furniture had not been cleaned, and there was sticky stuff all over the place. The bathroom was dirty, and there was a hair in the sink. I was not surprised when in the middle of the night the smoke alarm went off and the hotel had to be evacuated as a result of cigarette smoking in a non-smoking area. Needless to say, I will never stay here again.

3 Thank Imnotaduck
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunbar
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charleston South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#2 of 3 in South Charleston
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
#1 of 3 in South Charleston
Holiday Inn Express Cross Lanes

Been to Dunbar Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!