“Wonderful Way to Celebrate ones Birthday”

American Mountain Theater
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Elkins
More attraction details
Owner description: You’ll find one of the top West Virginia attractions at the American Mountain Theater in Elkins, West Virginia’s historic Rail Yard. Our live music shows are guaranteed to entertain guests of all ages and are entirely family-friendly. Our various performances include our two regular season music & comedy variety shows, our spectacular Christmas concerts, and our special Southern Gospel and Bluegrass concert series.So, if you’re looking for things to do in West Virginia, look no further! We can even help you plan your West Virginia vacation. Our friendly staff of packaging specialists have a number of itineraries ready to choose from, or they can help you customize your perfect WV trip. Pair AMT’s “Freshest Sound in the Mountains” with a scenic train ride, lodging, and unique dining experiences and you have the perfect mountain getaway.
Raleigh, North Carolina
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful Way to Celebrate ones Birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We where there with a tour group. The performances where wonderful this family is a very talented group of people. While there they were told that it was my 70th Birthday so they made a point of having me stand and be recognized to all those in attendance at their evening show.

Visited June 2014

Hagerstown, Maryland
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Disappointed!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Having visited several years ago for the awesome performances in the Premier 2-Hour Show, I eagerly anticipated the History of American Music Show, 3:30 matinee. Tickets were purchased as a group and I relied on second hand information for details. My initial disappointment came when the MC announced it was only an hour show! The music, of course, was supposed to be the highlight, so it’s a shame that the impersonations of various musicians/singers simply didn't do it for either my husband or me. The passion in the performances was missing. The performers seemed to be on "auto-pilot", probably bored and just "going through the motions" on a Saturday afternoon. On "auto-pilot", the job is getting done, but it is without conscious effort and often without intention. Two things are missing when this happens: interest and involvement. Unfortunately, we were both disinterested and uninvolved this time!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“American Mountain Theater - A Must See !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Excellent – A must see – My wife and I visited Elkins, WV on the weekend to experience the train ride – we learned from some train passengers about the American Mountain Theater so we elected to buy tickets and attend the 7:30 pm show. It was awesome – the music, comedy, skits, and over all talent of the entire group kept us entertained the entire two hours. We plan to bring a group of our friends to experience the American Mountain Theater. Afterwards, the group mingled in the lobby to meet with audience members – Well Done ! Thank you for a great weekend.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“2 night AMT package”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This was such a wonderful deal for the price. My husband and I enjoyed the show the first night and then on are anniversary we took a train ride followed up with a very nice dinner. I would recommend this trip to anyone, and we will defiantly be back in the future.

1 Thank Farrah R
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great Show”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed the show, great singing! The one thing we did not like was there was a lot of jokes and talking. It was a couple of times doing the show so altogether a good half hour. We would have liked all singing. We will go back to see the 3:30 show and see how that goes.

Visited July 2014

Been to American Mountain Theater? Share your experiences!