“Supreme Accommodations”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Elkins
Vienna, West Virginia, United States
“Supreme Accommodations”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We were in town for only one night for a basketball tournament. After the 3 hour drive to Elkins and an exciting game, I was exhausted! We checked into the Isaac Jackson. The front desk staff was very friendly and got us into our room right away. We entered our room and what a pleasant surprise. The room was spotless, the décor was that of a Hilton or Marriott and the bed was the most comfortable bed I have slept in. There were also plenty of comfy pillows. The bathroom was very clean and had plenty of towels. The hair dryer was a small hotel dryer but wow, was it powerful! Most hotel dryers take forever to dry my hair.
The hotel was very quiet, even with an entire soccer team in the building. The following morning(I really did not want to get out of that bed……but) we walked down to the mail hotel for breakfast. Plenty of eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, and toast, it was not 5 star but it was good. The waitress in the dining area was very nice. We travel a lot and we try to support the local hotels when we can, I am so glad we stopped at this one. If I am ever back in Elkins I will definitely stay at the Isaac Jackson and I highly recommend everyone give it a try. Keep in mind a large part of the hotel is under construction so don’t expect a 5 star “look” just yet but give them a year and this place will be stunning! One last thing, what an amazing value. For the price I got way more than I expected. Thanks for the hospitality!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michele W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Central location next to college and across from hospital. Brand new, modern rooms in new building. Very clean and quiet. Staff was really friendly and helpful. The beds were extremely comfortable. Felt comparable to my tempurpedic at home. The bathroom was clean and the towels were nice and soft. I've stayed at the Hampton every time I've had to come to Elkins before, but from now on I'm staying here. Couldn't ask for anything more!

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Jovelina86
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

With Hampton Inn sold out we decided to book a room here. What a great surprise. Brand new room. Super comfy beds with lots of pillows and warm duvets. Spotless. Nice decor, quiet atmosphere. Very impressed. Will definitely be returning! Super easy check in. Very nice and informative staff. Hats off to the new owners. Your hard work and attention to detail is going to pay off!

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank TinaWVnurse
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 4 November 2013

New owners have done an impressive job here. I stayed in a newly renovated section of the hotel. They’ve tried to make everything a cut above the typical business traveler’s hotel. The beds are big and fluffy. The decorations are a notch or two nicer than what you’d expect. The shampoo and soap, for instance, are a cut above the standard-issue hotel room stuff. They even left a couple of chocolates for guests. I was surprised and grateful. The wifi worked great too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Majority of my group stayed in the newly renovated section of the hotel on the top of the hill. Myself and a few others got stuck with the older section... and it is old. The thing that really bothered me was there were no Iron or Iron boards in the room. I went to the front desk to get one, and the girl 1 didn't know if I was supposed to have one in our rooms, 2 she didn't know where the spare iron/iron boards were located, when I noticed it right behind her the whole time. I just let her talk. She said she will see if she can find one and get back to me. She then came to me and told me their were none available, and I told her, well its an emergency, I must have an iron, and she finally showed up with an iron and iron board.

The room was old, not many outlets available. There was no wifi, I guess the best thing about it was that they had directv in all of their rooms... I enjoyed that.

If it was up to me, I wont be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 24 October 2013

After having problems with our reservation at another local hotel, we ended up here. It was a great move! The management couldn't be more accommodating! The newly renovated rooms are lovely, the high beds are plush and so comfortable, and all the comforts of home are here- big screen TV, free wifi, and plenty of technology connections.

The 1863 Restaurant is quaint and has good old-fashioned service and a varied menu. The cinnamon buns, baked daily by Chef Joe for 47 years, are awesome! The room rate also includes a free continental breakfast with more cinnamon buns!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Stayed here with a group. Arrived from a long day and were tired. Check in was fast and efficient and the rooms well appointed, clean and very comfortable. We were surprised to find out rate had include full breakfast, real eggs and bacon. Very well done, I see great things for this new hotel am we will be back, They have a restaurant on site for dinner too

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkins
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elkins
Alpine Lodge
Alpine Lodge
#2 of 2 in Davis
Bicentennial Inn, Home of 88 Restaurant and Lounge

Been to Isaac Jackson Hotel? Share your experiences!