“Awesome place to stay.”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Elkins
Bluefield WV
“Awesome place to stay.”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Upon arrival I was in serious doubt that this would be an enjoyable stay due to some construction. Once in my room I found that everything was very clean tidy and comfortable I would recommend this place to anyone. The location is walking distance to the hospital, theatre even downtown Elkins. Great place to be away from home.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Beautiful hotel room and a great restaurant! It is still under renovation and more rooms are being built, but that did not bother us one bit. Everyone was friendly and we got our rest after staying somewhere else prior to this that was awful. Such a treat!

Room Tip: Review hotels first.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mary55yahoo
Fairfield, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 June 2014

this hotel was a delightful place to stay. we arrived late afternoon after a long ride with a bus group.the rooms were ready and very comfortable. every thing was new feeling. a large flat screen tv ,a desk and a comfortable chair made life very pleasant. a nearby restaurant with excellent food(1863 grill) all within walking distance.

Room Tip: wait until addition is finished for a better experience.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank anneandave
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel was under construction and SHOULD NOT have been promoted as anything other than that.
I looked at the pictures on Hotels.com and decided to book on line. When I arrived in Elkins I could not find the hotel because what little signage there was was obscured by the construction gong on. The location did not even look like a hotel. I finally saw a small sign directing me to "registration" which was nothing more than make-shift office in one of the rooms. I had to drive through the construction site, over 2x4s that were protecting equipment hoses. Now one of the reasons I booked this hotel was the pictures of the restaurant. This was the second night of a four-day trip and I wanted to dine in nice restaurant. Big joke on me. The restaurant isn't even completed. I am posting the pictures I took. Hopefully anyone that sees them will be spared an awful experience. I believe thisThis hotel is falsely advertised. It is nowhere near what it appears to be on line. I left suspecting they must be taking bookings in order to finance the enormous amount of construction going on. Although I'm extremely reluctant to say anything good about this experience, the newly-completed room I stayed in was comfortable and clean. At the least they should offer a discount during construction. It certainly was not worth the $129.35 I paid. I'm totally disappointed and will never stay there again even after it's completed.

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank RoadKing Frank R
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 May 2014

While construction is going on you cannot beat the price to pay for staying here. When you are coming from rte 33 keep a close eye so you don't miss making a sharp turn off the road onto the lot. The hotel is up a hill with construction in front, but you will enter a bit down from it and drive up past the construction vehicles and over wooden boards to behind the second brick building and park behind that. You will enter from the rear door and on that floor in room 202 is where you register. Our room was large, bright and comfortable - beautifully decorated! Very comfortable mattress, comforter and pillows. Slept like a baby! The bathroom was a nice size, pretty and better quality toiletries. We had a refrigerator in the room and a large flat screen new tv with many channels. Modern alarm/ipod clocks. Once construction is complete, this room will be twice the price.
As far as negatives: Breakfast was bread, fruit and coffee only. The 1863 Cafe was still being renovated so was not open; however, we ate at Scottys down the road which was great so it all worked out. Our shower head squirted quite a bit of water out its side. Registration made an error and mixed up my charge card with someone else's room. We asked whether there were any Memorial Day activities in town and were told they didn't know, and they didn't offer to find out or offer any suggestions - so the staff was not that friendly - they were just basic. It would have been nice to have a tv channel guide, instead we had to scroll thru the channels.
With that all said, it is understood that there will be kinks when a place is being renovated and it did not detract from our overall experience. We would recommed staying here. Wishing you safe travels!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joyceTL4
meggpegg, Manager at Isaac Jackson Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Joyce,

Thank you so much for taking time to leave us a review. We are glad that you had an overall pleasant experience and thank you for taking the time to leave us some very good points of constructive criticism. Our goal is to provide the best service in town, and now we have some concrete items that we can have our staff working on to improve our customer service. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Elkins, and that you'll visit again when our construction is complete.

Meggan Sexton
South Carolina
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I felt like we were the first to stay in the newly renovated rooms at the Issac Jackson. What could be better. Everything was very nice and it was espeically quiet. The beds and showers were great. We stayed in the back 2 story building and it does not have an elevator so if stairs are a problem ask for first floor.
They do not have a breakfast but we were able to get coffee. There is not really a sign out on the main street where to turn or directions through the construction lot.The hospital is directly across the street. It was well worth looking for and we were most pleased with our accomandations. Would love to go back and stay when the construction is completed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank treemom
Covington, Virginia
Reviewed 17 May 2014

The outside of this hotel is a little rough because of construction work. Maggie met us in the hall way and was very friendly and very helpful. The rooms were very clean and the beds were COMFORTABLE!!!! If I had to say something bad it would have be that the water pressure in the shower was lacking. But thats it.....that is the only bad thing we could come up with. I would differently stay there again. I can't wait to see this hotel when it is complete. Oh yea, there is no elevator so if you cannot do steps make sure you let them know so they can put you on the first floor.

• Stayed March 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkins
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elkins
#2 of 2 in Davis
Hampton Inn Buckhannon
Hampton Inn Buckhannon
#2 of 7 in Buckhannon

Been to Isaac Jackson Hotel? Share your experiences!