This is the second time I stayed at this hotel, the 1st with our grandson several years ago arriving only to find the pool was closed for maintenance. We cut our 3 day stay short & moved to another hotel, at that time they did offer a small reduction in room rates. Our latest trip was made with my elderly mother-in-law with a planned 2 night stay, 2 rooms booked through Expedia. With several years under her belt the rooms were showing some wear & tear but clean & well kept as I would expect. However, we were greeted with a 4 AM wakeup call from the smoke detector in our room, I went to the front desk & they gave me a different battery, no luck so I pulled the plug on it til morning. Unfortunately, my elderly in-law experienced some difficulty that evening forced us to cut our stay short. I was told this would be no problem & we could have a late checkout. Later when checking out I dealt with a young man (not sure of his name but the GM was in the office within earshot) who informed me that I would be charged with the room since it was booked through Expedia & it was not their problem, I would have to deal with Expedia. He was extremely rude & I countered that what about the fact we were awakened at 4 AM by the smoke detector in our room, his response not their fault it was the battery. Bottom line, 4AM smoke alarm beep beep every 12 seconds that most people wouldn't even know how to deal with, a rude dude at the front desk, who did nothing & to add insult to injury the breakfast totally sucked. I was disappointed in the GM who allowed his employee to treat one of his guests in such a manner but the verdict is out whether he will back me up as he claimed to get credit for 2 rooms stay that we never received. Doubtful I'll be choosing Holiday Inn Express Elkins any time soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express in Elkins, West Virginia. This new 69 room property is located minutes off of Rt. 33/250, near the heart of historic downtown Elkins, home of Davis and Elkins College, The American Mountain Theater, and The Durbin and Greenbrier Scenic Railroad. Visiting a customer or other local business? Our hotel offers all the services a business traveler needs for a productive visit including free high speed internet! Visiting for leisure? Nestled in the western foothills of the Allegheny Mountains, Elkins is surrounded by the natural beauty of the Appalachian Plateau. The abundance of mountains, forested terrain, and cold-water streams make fishing and hunting in this area a rewarding experience. Streams and rivers are stocked with both golden and brown trout which are actually hatched at the Bowden Fish Hatchery located 10 miles east of Elkins on US. Route 33. Randolph County - the hub of the mid-Atlantic ski region is just a short drive from any of the area's three major ski resorts. Canaan Valley, Timberline and Snowshoe Mountain Resort offer excellent downhill skiing opportunities. The region also offers an abundance of ungroomed cross-country trails on forest roads, mountain sides and ridges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elkins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Elkins
- Holiday Inn Express Elkins
- Holiday Inn Elkins
- Elkins Holiday Inn