“Very pleasant stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elkins
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Elkins
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My friend and I were in Elkins for four days to ride the trains in this WV area. We found the hotel to be clean, comfortable and well-appointed, with a mini-fridge, microwave and coffeemaker. Coffee and hot water for tea or hot chocolate was provided 24/7 in the breakfast area and cookies were available in the evening (except on Saturday for some reason). The staff were also helpful and friendly. Since we were going to be out each day, I asked for a newspaper to be saved for us and they did that without fail. The included breakfast is very good value. We generally love HIE and this one was no exception!

Room Tip: We chose a room on an upper floor and found it to be acceptably quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fiorenze
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elkins

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife & I stayed overnight here in June 2014 enroute south. Great location, clean, well maintained, friendly staff. Great free breakfast, too. This hotel is "trendy" if that means the attributes mentioned above. We'd stay there again. The downtown location brings with it many nearby attractions and restaurants, too.

Room Tip: Motorcyclist-friendly staff.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Woody900
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We arrived there on July 4th in the evening. Parking was a little scarce considering people were there to watch the fireworks across the street but other than that, no complaints here. Friendly staff. My husband was accommodated when he couldn't secure a room online, and this was a same day reservation. They promptly called my husband back, gave us a room and off we went on our 3.5 hour journey to Elkins. Room was very clean. Bathroom was clean as well. The breakfast in the lobby was full of food and good until our train ride.

btw - our AC was making a little noise but my husband's snoring cancelled that out!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I've stayed at this hotel a couple of times, but this last time there was an issue with my reservation (travel site booked a room that was already booked). Rather than walking, the hotel gave me a comp. upgrade to one of its two jacuzzi suites, and I was genuinely surprised. Unfortunately, both are smoking rooms. The one I stayed in did not smell of smoke at all--they certainly try to clean their rooms after use. If the only remaining room is a smoking room, ask to view the room. There's a good chance you'll never know.

I was impressed that upon check-in, the desk had already noticed the reservation issue and taken steps to resolve it (called the manager about the upgrade, and made a backup plan in case I wouldn't take a smoking room). The norm, at least for me, seems to be fighting with the front desk, so a proactive employee was a wonderful surprise.

The suite I was in (end of the hall on the right) was extremely clean, had a mini-fridge and microwave, sofa, and large bathroom. I was extremely impressed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here during a brief golf vacation and we picked this facility because of their Trip Advisor rating. The hotel looks fairly new and is clean and well maintained. My wife left a piece of clothing behind and they found it and offered to send it to us, which is outstanding service. The breakfast variety was excellent and may be the best complimentary breakfast we have experienced. The location is great right near the original downtown.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank navybng
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the holiday in overnight to look at houses in the area and my fiancé and I brought our 4 year old daughter along with us for the out of town trip. The hotel was very accommodating and had a nice indoor pool and spa area that my daughter enjoyed while we were there. The room was very clean and tidy as well as the rest of the hotel. If iam ever in the area again I will be staying at the Holiday Inn.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ElkinsHIE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elkins, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for your review. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the rest of the staff. We hope to see you all again. Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I had a blast at this hotel.i went with my lil girl who is 6.we got the king executive on the 3rd floor..The front desk was so nice when we checked in and every time we left to go out they greeted us goodbye and greeted us hello when we got back.always making sure we had everything we needed as well.the continental breakfast was very nice they have pancakes freshly made sausage gravy eggs bagels toast orange juice milk etc..it was nice the pool was indoors a Lil cold but it didn't stop us from swimming and on last night there we came back to hotel and for one desk asked If we wanted freshly baked cookies and fresh coffee we were down here visiting family so we weren't in hotel alot but the price was nice and you couldn't of got a cleaner nicer hotel

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the rest of the staff. Thank you for staying with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkins
Hampton Inn Elkins
#2 of 7 in Buckhannon
Iron Road Inn
Iron Road Inn
#5 of 8 in Elkins

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elkins? Share your experiences!