Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elkins
Hampton Inn Elkins(Elkins)(Great Value!)
US$123
Centennial Motel(Buckhannon)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$90
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewstrain stationwithin walking distancepancake machineperfect locationroom was cleanturkey sausagequaint little towna priority club membervariety of breadsupgraded to a suitepool and hot tubpolar expressnice hotelfirst floorcj maggiesyogurtchoose this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 October 2010

We stayed two nights. We had a room with a king bed, pull out sofa, microwave and refrigerator. The hotel is just a few years old, so everything was fresh and clean. The bed was comfortable. My only thumbs down was that the first night the shampoo that was in the room had been left by the previous guest (1/2 full), and was not replaced by the maid. That was a little bit of a turn off. The breakfast buffet was pretty standard...eggs (instant, of course), bacon/sausage, biscuits & gravy, donuts, cereal, toast, etc. All in all, a nice place to stay and we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2010

My friends were booked into this hotel. 2 rooms. Hotel was overbooked and they were bumped to a lesser hotel. So beware, a guarnteed reservation at this hotel means nothing.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Meridian_West
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Large, comfortable room with king-size bed with comfortable mattress and pillows. Hotel staff was very accommodating with setting up an extra cot for our daughter and giving us extra towels. The room was quiet. We especially enjoyed the continental breakfast which included the most delicious cinammon rolls hot out of the oven each and every morning of our stay which was one week. The hotel staff kept our room meticulously clean and straightened it out with fresh towels and thorough cleaning of the bathroom each day. The pool and hot tub were enjoyed. If I had to complain about one thing, it would be the cranberry ice room freshener. All my clothes smelled of it when I got home. Otherwise, I hightly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2010

I needed a place to stay to break up my trip and Elkins worked out nicely. I chose the HIE based on positive reviews and I had enough Priority Club points to book a room. They seem to require less points than many of the other Holiday Inn properties. Since they let me pick any room I grabbed the king with jacuzzi. That came in handy after hiking much of the day.

The room was huge, but more importantly clean. The bathroom's shower had good water pressure. The bed was OK for sleeping and the first floor was quiet on this evening. Lots of perks here with fridge, microwave, complimentary internet and a full breakfast in the morning. Just a basic TV in the room with plenty of channels. The pool, hot tub and workout room all had good upkeep.

The woman at check-in was helpful with all my questions. She suggested CJ Maggies for dinner and that was an excellent choice. It was within walking distance and the menu was huge. They had a seating area for families or groups, and a roomy bar if one wants to watch the game.

There aren't a lot of choices in Elkins, but I would put this hotel at the top. It's a good place to stay if passing through like I was.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank relayer
Reviewed 9 June 2010

This is a newer hotel in downtown Elkins. It's in a great spot if you like walking historic downtown areas. The room was clean and comfortable with no maintenance issues, though the mattress wasn't the most comfortable. The front desk staff was friendly and very helpful with sight-seeing suggestions. The continental breakfast offered good hot and cold choices. Overall we were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple