“Older hotel but clean, in need of some updates and sound proofing.”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Fairmont
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my children on a Friday evening. I had made reservations online and check-in was quick and easy. Our room was next to the stairwell, which was loud. The room was clean but the refrigerator didn't work, the bedside lamp didn't work, the bathroom had no vent and one of the lamp shades had been broken. We were headed to bed around 8:30 pm (we had to be somewhere very early the next morning) when we heard someone in the room next to us leave. That's when the barking started. It sounded like a small dog and it barked NON-STOP. I called the front desk and the front desk attendant said she would call the room but that there was no pet registered in that room. I promised her there was a dog in the room and explained that there could not possibly be anyone in the room with the dog barking like that. 15 minutes later I was standing in the lobby in my pajamas (two kids in tow) with a recording on my phone. She offered to move us but the only other double room they had was in the same hallway, it wasn't as loud but I really didn't want to move rooms. Nearly an hour after the barking started I called again and said that we had to move rooms. She then offered to call the cell phone listed for the room (that was an option!?!?). 5 minutes later someone came back to the room and we didn't hear anything from the dog again. The front desk attendant called back to make sure the dog had stopped and said she would speak to her manager about our room rate. We received $20 off our rate which I was fine with.

All in all, I would stay at this hotel again. The night-shift front desk clerk was very nice and did her best to help us with the dog problem, eventually resolving the issue. Our room was loud, there were people hanging out just outside the door at the bottom of the steps. (They need a smoking pavilion or something away from the door.) The continental hot breakfast was excellent, they offered an impressive spread and the food was delicious. Would have been nice if the TV in the breakfast room was turned to the news or weather or pretty much anything but the vampire show that was on.

Room Tip: Would choose rooms away from stairwell on backside of hotel. (Front faces parking lot and was noisy...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I started out in a handicapped room, which smelled musty. I soon found out why. No vent in bath room. Changed rooms next day had vent register but not working. My niece had a room also her vent wasn't working. The hotel apologized and said it would be fixed next day, the day I checked out. This hotel is lacking in maintenance. I stayed in 4 hotels on this trip all choice this hotel was bad compared to the others. Their was no offer to give me a break on the price. The restaurant ceiling tiles were stained and sagging. I put some photos in to show the ceiling in the first room were the taped seam is coming apart because of moisture. Will not stay their again. Also note improper tile installation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dale M, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

All bathrooms have been renovated. This is a very old picture. New bathroom photos are already displayed on this site.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Ater reading some of the negative reviews of this hotel, I was not sure I wanted to stay here, but I am really glad I did!! First impressions mean a lot and I must say the front desk clerk, Ronnie, was supper nice when I checked in. He took the time to make me aware of what the hotel had to offer. He gave me a room fairly close to the lobby so I didnt have far to walk. The room itself was very clean. The air conditioning worked well (yes it was a very warn day), the bathroom was clean and bright, and the wi fi worked. The bed was soooooo comfortable. I had a great nights sleep!

The complimentary breakfast was tasty. It included the usual fare but also hot eggs, french toast, bacon and there was real ham! The tables were set and you could eat with real silverware not that plastic stuff.

I would recommend this hotel and I will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank brandi1207
JR B, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

I wanted to take the time to respond to your review. I first want to say "Thank you" for the positive comments. We take great pride in the service and amenities our hotel has to offer. Ronnie is a true shining star and we are very fortunate to have him as part of our management staff. We will always continue to offer top notch service and valued amenities to our guests. Our goal is to insure every guest leaves with a positive experience and it nice to see that we were able to exceed your expectations. Once again, Thank You and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

I had recently stayed at the Clarion and received some of the best hotel service. The housekeeping staff was very friendly and one in particular (Brandy) helped me with my luggage and opening the doors for me. She did a wonderful job on the upkeep of my room while I stayed at the Clarion. Thank you for such a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience while visiting our hotel. Our staff does an outstanding job and takes pride in the service they deliver to our guests. Brandy is one of our assoiciates who demonstates outstanding service as you have experienced first hand. Brandy has been a true asset to our housekeeping staff and it is a pleasure working with her everyday. Again, Thank you and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We did a 5 week 4,000 mile trip. Awesome hotel. Very up to date, & clean. The food from their restaurant was very good. We used the room service, what a treat that was. Food came hot, large servings and was very, very good. Husband got the country fried steak. Oh, and the room had 4 real glass drinking cups & mugs to use & they were each placed on paper doilies. Have not seen that in years. 'loved it'! Breakfast was free and besides the usual items, with having a restaurant on site, it also included fresh made french toast, eggs with cheese, spicy sausage, and my favorite bacon. They are also pet friendly which is what we needed since our pet travels with us.

Room Tip: The extra cost is worth it when you want more than the basics once in a while.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hohoholly
Reviewed 12 December 2013

the people up front are rude,,, when i ask for a key they come out and say "what" like i am inconvievianceing them. cant believe this place is still in buisness...service is teriible.1 hour wait for a beer at the bar.. the only good thing is the bed is comfortable. other than that do not stay here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
JR B, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

I would like to apologize for the service you received while visiting our hotel. The experience you had falls very short of what we expect. We have however adjusted the scheduling in our Food and Beverage areas to have more staff available to help in those areas. I hope you are able to give us another chance to showcase our true customer service and amenities our hotel has to offer.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

This is not your usual Clarion that caters to the business profession. It was comfortable, but far from clean. Dirty steps and hallways from the work boots of the crews staying there (no offense to you hard workers). It just needs more of a staff to keep up with the needs.

While I did not eat there, the food in the restaurant was complimented by those who did.

They were very accommodating with my need to have FedEx pick up a shipping case. They were also very responsible in keeping an item that forgot and was able to return a few weeks later to retrieve.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tennswo

I want to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I am glad to read about the positive experience you had with our facility. We have been able to scheduled more staff to assist with cleaning the entrance and public areas of the hotel. We take pride in the cleanliness and service of our staff and hotel and we want each of our guests to have an outstanding and comfortable stay.