“Very good stay”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Fairmont
Toronto, Canada
“Very good stay”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Visited the Inn the evening of 31 May 2014 staying one night. We enjoyed our stay as usual, staying in the Inn twice a year while traveling from Toronto to the western Virginia mountains. Excellent service and a room we regularly request that is quite nice facing the swimming pool. Good breakfast. Meets our needs. Recommend for a regular kind of hotel.

Room Tip: We stay at the back of the hotel away from I 79. Quite.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank whiteoakspring
JR B, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your past stay with us. I would also like to thank you for your loyalty to our hotel and staff. Our goal is to ensure guest satisfaction and it is great to hear we were able to deliver upon our promises. We look forward in seeing you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is a very old Holiday Inn rebranded as a Clarion a few years ago. It needs a lot of remodeling to catch up to the $100 plus a night they charge. The paint was peeling on the stairwell. The lights going up the pothole a plenty drive were all rusty. In the room the wallpaper was peeling, the furniture was all stained and desks and all fixtures were dented or scraped up. The wi-fi was very slow. Of very much concern was the dirty plastic fork underneath the desk along with a long rusty nail. Thank goodness I didnt step on that!

The food in the hotel was very good. The dinner was excellent and they still offer room service. Breakfast offered a wide variety.

The hotel itself is OK. But for a 1970s 2 level Holiday Inn that has seen little renovations since the 1990s(?), the value is just not there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JKF56
JR B, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience with us. We take every guest concern and comment very seriously and address the issues with our owners. I also want to let you know the parking lot/driveway is in the process of being resurfaced as well as the light poles being painted. Comments like yours is what helps us better improve the service and product we offer to each of our guests. We have recently ordered new furniture for the guest rooms. I am very pleased to hear you had an exceptional experience with our restaurant service and quality. We hope to see you again soon so we can showcase the upgrades and changes we are making.

Travellers are raving about these Fairmont hotels

Moorefield, WV
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my children on a Friday evening. I had made reservations online and check-in was quick and easy. Our room was next to the stairwell, which was loud. The room was clean but the refrigerator didn't work, the bedside lamp didn't work, the bathroom had no vent and one of the lamp shades had been broken. We were headed to bed around 8:30 pm (we had to be somewhere very early the next morning) when we heard someone in the room next to us leave. That's when the barking started. It sounded like a small dog and it barked NON-STOP. I called the front desk and the front desk attendant said she would call the room but that there was no pet registered in that room. I promised her there was a dog in the room and explained that there could not possibly be anyone in the room with the dog barking like that. 15 minutes later I was standing in the lobby in my pajamas (two kids in tow) with a recording on my phone. She offered to move us but the only other double room they had was in the same hallway, it wasn't as loud but I really didn't want to move rooms. Nearly an hour after the barking started I called again and said that we had to move rooms. She then offered to call the cell phone listed for the room (that was an option!?!?). 5 minutes later someone came back to the room and we didn't hear anything from the dog again. The front desk attendant called back to make sure the dog had stopped and said she would speak to her manager about our room rate. We received $20 off our rate which I was fine with.

All in all, I would stay at this hotel again. The night-shift front desk clerk was very nice and did her best to help us with the dog problem, eventually resolving the issue. Our room was loud, there were people hanging out just outside the door at the bottom of the steps. (They need a smoking pavilion or something away from the door.) The continental hot breakfast was excellent, they offered an impressive spread and the food was delicious. Would have been nice if the TV in the breakfast room was turned to the news or weather or pretty much anything but the vampire show that was on.

Room Tip: Would choose rooms away from stairwell on backside of hotel. (Front faces parking lot and was noisy...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Englewood, Florida
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I started out in a handicapped room, which smelled musty. I soon found out why. No vent in bath room. Changed rooms next day had vent register but not working. My niece had a room also her vent wasn't working. The hotel apologized and said it would be fixed next day, the day I checked out. This hotel is lacking in maintenance. I stayed in 4 hotels on this trip all choice this hotel was bad compared to the others. Their was no offer to give me a break on the price. The restaurant ceiling tiles were stained and sagging. I put some photos in to show the ceiling in the first room were the taped seam is coming apart because of moisture. Will not stay their again. Also note improper tile installation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Ater reading some of the negative reviews of this hotel, I was not sure I wanted to stay here, but I am really glad I did!! First impressions mean a lot and I must say the front desk clerk, Ronnie, was supper nice when I checked in. He took the time to make me aware of what the hotel had to offer. He gave me a room fairly close to the lobby so I didnt have far to walk. The room itself was very clean. The air conditioning worked well (yes it was a very warn day), the bathroom was clean and bright, and the wi fi worked. The bed was soooooo comfortable. I had a great nights sleep!

The complimentary breakfast was tasty. It included the usual fare but also hot eggs, french toast, bacon and there was real ham! The tables were set and you could eat with real silverware not that plastic stuff.

I would recommend this hotel and I will definately stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank brandi1207
JR B, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
I wanted to take the time to respond to your review. I first want to say "Thank you" for the positive comments. We take great pride in the service and amenities our hotel has to offer. Ronnie is a true shining star and we are very fortunate to have him as part of our management staff. We will always continue to offer top notch service and valued amenities to our guests. Our goal is to insure every guest leaves with a positive experience and it nice to see that we were able to exceed your expectations. Once again, Thank You and we look forward to seeing you again.
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

I had recently stayed at the Clarion and received some of the best hotel service. The housekeeping staff was very friendly and one in particular (Brandy) helped me with my luggage and opening the doors for me. She did a wonderful job on the upkeep of my room while I stayed at the Clarion. Thank you for such a wonderful stay.

• Stayed April 2014
JR B, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience while visiting our hotel. Our staff does an outstanding job and takes pride in the service they deliver to our guests. Brandy is one of our assoiciates who demonstates outstanding service as you have experienced first hand. Brandy has been a true asset to our housekeeping staff and it is a pleasure working with her everyday. Again, Thank you and we hope to see you again in the future.
Michigan
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We did a 5 week 4,000 mile trip. Awesome hotel. Very up to date, & clean. The food from their restaurant was very good. We used the room service, what a treat that was. Food came hot, large servings and was very, very good. Husband got the country fried steak. Oh, and the room had 4 real glass drinking cups & mugs to use & they were each placed on paper doilies. Have not seen that in years. 'loved it'! Breakfast was free and besides the usual items, with having a restaurant on site, it also included fresh made french toast, eggs with cheese, spicy sausage, and my favorite bacon. They are also pet friendly which is what we needed since our pet travels with us.

Room Tip: The extra cost is worth it when you want more than the basics once in a while.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family