“Awesome Hotel In Fairmont”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairmont
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Fairmont
Buffalo
“Awesome Hotel In Fairmont”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed at The Holiday Inn in Fairmont, on the way back to Buffalo, NY from Myrtle Beach. With such a long drive, and two young children, we needed to break the trip up a bit. What we arrived to was an incredibly nice front desk staff, and an awesome hotel. We decided on a suite, to have more room for us and our children, and the room was beautiful. We were also impressed with the pool area, and the breakfast was great to fill up for the ride home. We will definitely stay at this hotel in the future. It's refreshing to see that there are still hotels out there that care about exceptional customer service. We originally had booked a Holiday Inn in Beckley,WV, but earlier in the week we cancelled it and decided on Fairmont, which was much closer to home. When arriving in Fairmont, we were told that there wasn't a room reserved for us, even though we were assured earlier in the week that we were all set. Upon clearing up the problem with the Beckley hotel, the staff at Fairmont welcomed us with open arms, and the situation couldn't have been handled better. THANK YOU so much to the staff at Fairmont!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite for the small amount it costs. So much space and comfort.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Tammy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairmont, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We strive for excellent customer service and hope to see you on your next journey through Fairmont.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
London, Ontario
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We were travelling from South Carolina to Ontario, and stayed at this hotel very randomly because Fairmont, West Virginia seemed like a good halfway-point to break up our 17 hour drive. What a lucky choice!
Check in was easy, and staff was very pleasant to deal with. We were with friends, and asked for rooms "near" each other. Our rooms were ready despite our late arrival, and our rooms were right next door; it was excellent that they accommodated our online request without us asking again when we got there. Because I'm a Platinum Priority Club member, a small gift basket with treats and home-made cookies was waiting in our rooms - which I thought was a nice touch.
Beds were VERY comfortable and clean. The room was spotless, and the bathroom had extra towels, which is rare these days! The bathroom was spotless, too. It's nice that the rooms have a fridge and microwave.

Room Tip: Free breakfast was included, and it was actually very diverse and delicious!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that we were able to accomodate your room request. We do appreciate your kind words and hope to see you again in the future. Customer Service is very important to us and we are always happy to hear we are doing a good job.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We just returned from a weekend spent at the Holiday Inn Express in Fairmont WV- it is a very nice, clean hotel with an excellent, caring staff, great pool area, excellent breakfast selection and large, spacious rooms. Internet access was very easy and speedy. The only complaint that I have is with another customer whose room was located near us- apparently they did not understand the "100% smoke-free facility" sign or the explanation given to them upon registering. After a two hour chain smoking event ( we even stuffed a towel in at the bottom of the door, it was that bad!) that filled the hall and our room with the smell of cigarette smoke, we called the front desk who immediately responded by making phone calls to rooms surrounding us which resulted in 4 other complaints about the smell of cigarette smoke and one - "no, we don't smell any smoke at all" hmmmmm? The night manager also made a walk through and amazingly, no more smell of cigarette smoke the rest of the evening. I spoke with him following his walk through and was very satisfied with the results. My only regret is that I didn't call the front desk sooner! We will definitely stay again when traveling to the Fairmont area. Thanks so much for the pleasant and relaxing stay!

Room Tip: Our room on the third floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank 4travelersNY
Tammy M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairmont, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words. We do appreciate you bringing the situation to our attentinon and I am glad we were able to get the situation rectified to your liking. We are looking forward to your return visit.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Although I normally stay in other hotel chains, this was my first experience in a Holiday Inn express. I'm shockingly surprised at how happy I was with my decision.

This hotel is literally brand new from top to bottom, you could see your reflection without a single scratch on every tile you walk across. The pool is well kept, the jacuzzi is massive, and the gym actually has some circuit training for guys who need weight!

Hotel staff were very friendly checking in, as well as checking out. Much like another chain I've frequented often, the big plus to this hotel was the breakfast. They have a full breakfast with pancakes, sausage, omelets, eggs, biscuits, yogurt, cereal, muffins, literally everything you can ask for it was provided. Did I mention all of the breakfast for the entire week was free? You can't go wrong with this as finding a restaurant for breakfast in Fairmont would be a pretty serious challenge compared to eating here.

My room was on the first floor and the ceiling had to be at least 12 feet high. The bathroom was spacious, the tub was a large swing around curtain, and the bed was perfect (King.) I would without a doubt reserve this hotel again. It's possibly the cleanest I've ever stayed in, ever.

Room Tip: If you're on the first floor, your room will have a ceiling that replicates a Vegas Restaurant...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Tammy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairmont, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
I am very pleased to hear we were able to WOW you. We do strive to maintain our appearance and give the best customer service possible. I appreciate the wonderful review you have given us.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Finally a hotel that is actually brand new and not redone. This hotel just opened (approx. 6 months ago). It is so refreshing to stay in a new hotel that has not been painted over several times. For a Holiday Inn, this hotel is top notch. The beds were comfortable, the pool was a good size and the halls and rooms were nice and shiny. The breakfast in the morning was your typical holiday inn breakfast with many options and everyone in our family enjoyed it. The staff was extremely friendly and accomadating. We would deffinately recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kkak1234
We do strive to maintain our appearance and give the best customer service possible. We hope to see you again in the future and thank you for recommending us to your peers.
Linthicum, MD
Reviewed 27 November 2011

My parents and grandmother came to visit me over the long Thanksgiving weekend. When they decided to return home they wanted to stay at a hotel to break the trip up into two days because it was hard on my 86 year old grandmother. I decided that I would use my priority club points to book them a hotel. I went to the priority club web site to search for a hotel that was pet friendly and discovered the Holiday Inn Express in Fairmont, WV. The Holiday Inn website said the hotel was pet friendly so I booked a room for them.

When my parents and grandmother arrived they were informed that the hotel was not pet friendly, but that they did accept guide dogs. However, they would accept the dog for a $250 cleaning fee. When I called the hotel to figure out what the problem was the hotel was not apologetic and did nothing to help resolve the problem. They simply said they had a pet policy, which was to accept guide dogs. Well to me that is not a pet policy since federal law requires all hotels to accept guide dogs.

I then called priority club customer service. They too did nothing to help resolve the situation and said they would stand by the hotel's policy. I asked if they would update their website to reflect the hotel does not have a pet policy, and was told they would not or could not make any changes.

I find that the hotels website is misleading and the overall customer service for Holiday Inn and Intercontinental Hotel Group to be unacceptable. I am a platinum member with priority club and have been very loyal to this chain thus far. I will never give this chain or or Intercontinental another cent of my money. Their representatives did not take care of me or my family.

Room Tip: Choose a Hilton brand hotel. Their customer service is much better.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Jeremy S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairmont, responded to this review, 28 November 2011
We apologize for the misunderstanding, we are a pet free hotel and that has been a policy since our opening earlier this year. The issue that you spoke of regarding the website is something that we are looking in to and we appreciate you bringing it to our attention.

The gentleman's father whom I spoke with at check in was very polite and understanding about the pet policy after I explained it to him and we were quickly able to relocate the guests at a pet-friendly hotel about 100 yards from here.

Our customer's mean a lot to us and we strive to provide the best customer service possible. We are once again sorry for the troubles you had.
Reviewed 24 November 2011

WOW!!! This hotel recently opened a few months and it is just wonderful. The entire place is beautiful. We stayed in a regular room which was quite spacious, extremely clean, and even had a fridge & microwave. So many options for breakfast and the staff & management is the best. Every one is just so friendly. Can't wait to come back. Way to go Fairmont.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Luvngyrl
Jeremy S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairmont, responded to this review, 1 December 2011
Thanks for staying with us! We are so happy to hear you had a good stay. We do our very best to go above and beyond for our guests and we are pleased to see the results of the hard work. All of us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Fairmont, WV appreciate your kind words. Have a great day!