“Great place to stay”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Fairmont
port richey,fl
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

The outside of the hotel is undergoing renovations but once you make your way inside it was very nice. The customer service person was very nice and our room was very comfortable and clean. The breakfast was great. Lots to choose from...you won't go away hungry. Well worth the money. We even walked to the local diner for a quick dinner and received 10% off our bill since we were staying at the hotel. Highly recommend this hotel. We used a coupon from the travel book that you get at the welcome center so received a big discount.

Room Tip: use a coupon book for large discount
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Weedsport, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed here one night. Didn't realize that the hotel was undergoing renovations so yes, there were areas roped off, construction tools and equipment around and it didn't look very pleasing outside but it really didn't affect anything as there was still plenty of parking and good, easy access to the main entrance. Our room hadn't been renovated yet and it was very dated but clean. Hopefully once the renovations are completed this will be brought up to the same standards as other Comfort Inns that we have stayed at and been very pleased. We had no problems and the breakfast offering was very good. I think the price for the room should've been a little lower since it wasn't renovated yet, but it was still a pretty good value. We'd stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Rochester, New York, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

We weren't told while making our reservation that the hotel was under construction. When we pulled up to the front, the building had no siding, there were scaffolds and workers and work trucks everywhere. The stairwell we walked through to get to our room had large reams of carpet, boxes, paint cans, etc... The room was ok to sleep in. Shower not very clean. Breakfast was pretty good and staff were very friendly. I did expect more from a comfort inn and suites.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Fairmont hotels

Fayetteville, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Fairly friendly staff. First room smelled so strong of stale smoke and Lysol we asked for another room. The next room we had to wait 2.5 hours for them to clean. The lady cleaning said she'd been off sick for a week and moving slow. The next morning were walking from our room to breakfast and passed the open door of the room where they store the breakfast items. It was so DIRTY and messy and floor was Terrible - that we ate breakfast out. The bed was comfortable - and pillows were - but go for family reunions - will stay SOMEWHERE ELSE! Pricey for what we got. For $95 we could have had a much better room elsewhere I'm sure!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Golconda, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Not sure if anyone in this place knows the definition of "clean". Choice hotels mngmt needs to see this place.Although staff seemed concerned about my complaint, the amount of debris on the carpets in the hallways and around the entry way was not something

That happened recently. ThIS WAS A reward night stay. I think I should have been given points instead of paying points for this stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Appleton NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

I always stay at Comfort Inn's and NEVER EVER have I experienced such a low end poorly managed hotel from them! Where do I start? My 1st room - had hairs in the tub - I was given room #2 - which had left over hairs from a man shaving all over the vanity, stained pillow cases with hair on them, a stained bed skirt, the chair seat looked like someone urinated on it(stained) cobwebs, the cleaning lady obviously never learned how to use the attachments around the edges of the room, the microwave was caked with food, the outside of the fridge had some foreign liquid spilled down it, the corners of the rooms were pulling apart, the stairways had piles of cigarette butts on the stairs, there was a soiled t-shirt obviously from construction men (there was construction on premises), there were several pieces of empty wrappers and drinks left behind from construction men in the hallway to the staircases also.
There was a large fan in the hallway (like the one I use in my cow barn! hmmm???? that should of been my first hint to run!)
We were beat and couldn't drive any more. We made reservations 4 days in advance knowing this area would be our limit of SAFE driving. We needed to rest badly or I would of hi-tailed it outta there.
My daughter wanted to go swimming (the pool closed at 8:30 pm as stated on the sign) but the maintenance said that she could not use the pool because of the weather. It HAD rained earlier however it was sunny when she asked - and remained rain free for the rest of the night.
The poor staff at the desk was very helpful and understanding with me. I am not normally picky however I do draw the line with certain things. Its not that hard to clean -- I don't have a problem with an older hotel as long as its clean. NOTHING about this building was clean!!!
I am going to notify this company and tell them. If all I do is leave random responses on sites like this the company will never know my true feelings -- these sites are great for travelers to get the lowdown -- unfortunately in all my years of traveling have I ever had a bad experience at a Comfort Inn - but I guess there is a first time for everything.
I have to go disinfect my body from my terrible experience...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

Wasn't nothing spiffy. Water spots in cealing. I wouldn't stay there again. Pool was closed for all the hours I would have swam during. The pillows we pretty comfortable. The cleaning lady whispered to the front desk chick I needed a hair cut when I was on the phone. I just got one//: oh well overall it was rough

• Stayed July 2013