“Helpful and knowledgeable hotel employees”

Red Roof Inn Fairmont
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Fairmont
“Helpful and knowledgeable hotel employees”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The employees here at the red roof inn in white hall make my decision easy. I need not to look elsewhere. Good value Very clean rooms. And it means a lot to me. Great great customer service. Housekeeping does a great job. I have no problem recommending this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank ban57

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Muskoka District, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

People are right when they say this is a hard place to get to. Right beside their sign are two driveways, with no indication of which one leads to the motel, as it's up on a hill. I chose the wrong one and ended up in a construction company's yard. Come on, Red Roof, a simple arrow indicating your driveway would help.

I got a room that reeked of either mothballs or a powerful cleaning solution. Even leaving the door open for an hour didn't help. The air conditioner was no help, as it made so much noise while running that I turned it off in self-defense. Other than that, the room was neat and clean, and I hit the sack around ten to get a good night's sleep.

Just before one AM, someone above or beside me cranked up his "music" and woke me from a sound sleep. I say "music," because all I could hear was the thumping bass part. After waiting 15 minutes for this to stop, I called the front desk and asked the woman there to do something about it. I heard her banging on a door and the "music" went down a bit -- still very audible though. She called me to say the man in that room -- a construction worker -- wasn't answering his phone or the door, and asked me if the volume had gone down. I said that it had, but was still going to keep me awake. I called her again 45 minutes later, after the volume had been cranked up again, and told her that it was time to get it stopped, not just lowered. Again she banged on the door and the volume went down -- not off, but down lower than before. I managed to get some sleep, until doors began banging shut around 5 AM.

The moral of the story at this Red Roof is to find out how many of these "construction workers" are staying there before you check in, A woman came by in the morning and apologized for the noise, saying that these guys liked to party hard and weren't concerned about the other guests. Wow -- what a surprise! I wish they had told me that when I was checking in.

Room Tip: As far away from the "workers" as possible.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank rjay65
Lufkin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

Staff was pleasant - room was horrible. The door was open to the room when we arrived, probably to let out the smell that permeated the room. Noisy 18 wheeler parked right outside the room and the beds were visibly sagging. To top it off, we were being charged $149.00 for one night - OUTRAGEOUS. We left. Better, less expensive hotels up the road in Morgantown.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank HometoWV
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
I am very sorry that we could not meet your accommodation needs. Thank You for the compliment of our staff we do our best to provide excellent customer service. Our Inn is not renovated yet; however we do offer a clean room at a great low price.
Camp Hill
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

This place is hidden close to I-79. The staff person on duty explained that when it was built it was easy to find. Since then lots of commercial buildings have been built. Never the less this motel is a good value for its price range. The room was fine and it is close to several restaurants.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

We drove till we dropped and got as far as Fairmont WV very late at night and no room booked ahead. SO,we had a choice.
The Red Roof Inn was plain and worse for wear, but $51
The Fairfield Inn was beautiful, but $114.
We were only going to be there for a few hours, most of which our eyes were shut, so
we chose the Red Roof.
My only objection is the rating of 3.5 on Trip Advisor makes it look a whole lot better than
it is.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Silkrose1
Fairmont, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

My stay at red roof inn was an excellent one. Everyone there was nice and pleasant,The staff was very help full in choosing restaurants,sights.

Room Tip: The Continental Rooms
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Martinsburg, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

We were in town for a college visit to Fairmont State University. The hotel was close by, about 5 miles. We were really just looking for something cheap for one night. We called and asked for the FSU dicount and got a room for $50 so can't beat that. The hotel was a good value for that price. It served our purpose which was just a clean place to sleep. The rooms were nothing fancy. Old style TV. It did have a refrigerator and microwave. The shower was very small and the tub/shower could use an update, they are obvisouly old. It was clean though, most important in my book! The only really complaint I have is the beds were double sized, which is small for 2 adults to sleep on. The mattresses were thin and not very comfortable. The pillows were very small and flat. It worked for us for one night. I'd probably stay again but if I was staying more than one night I might check out somewhere else. The desk staff was friendly and effiecent. Two tips: (1) if you don't use the safe you have to tell them otherwise they will charge you an extra $2, they hd no problem removing the charge when I asked though (2) the entrance is kind of hard to find, look for the sign and turn BEFORE it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family