“Great reno”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Fairmont
Niagara,ON
“Great reno”
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We checked the TA rating for this facility when we were searching for a spot to stay on our trek back to the Great White North. There were a few negative words relating to partly completed rooms and noise but we figured it would pretty much be done within our time frame. Our experience with Red Roof has always been positive and we like their pet friendly policy and this facility's no smoking policy.
We booked on their web site, got a great rate and were not disappointed when we arrived. The front desk staff were great, took an interest in our pet dog and gave us a series of good options for our meals and the paperwork was very quick. The room had obviously been recently done over and was clean, neat and very comfortable. New flat screen with lots of Channel choice. It was cold and snowy outside but warm and comfy inside. Had a good nights sleep.
The parking lot was full so the motel is popular.

Room Tip: The king size bed was very comfy! Book early.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Thank You So Much! It is always great to hear about our guest and their experience. We are so excited about the renovation and up grades to our Inn. I will be sure to share your review with our staff. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
ocean city nj
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I paid cash when i got there. I asked why i had to pay up front and got no answer. When i left they charged the card i used to book one week prior. Now they willl not help me. Also, there was no water between 9 and 4 on both days of my stay. for that theyy gave me a whopping $10 credit. I will be fighting this. Joanne is the manager and would not listen and hung up on me twice. My number is 856-889-1699. I paid 140 a night for this fleabag dirty smelly place.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, 31 January 2013
I am very sorry you were unhappy with your stay. We are upgrading our rooms and there was a poster in the lobby that stated the water would be off during that time. Also there was a letter delivered to the rooms regarding the water. I am very sorry you are upset that you paid with your credit card and could not find your money. As I explained I reviewed the security camera in the lobby and you swiped your card. I do hope that you will verify that with your card company.
Middle Tn
Reviewed 23 December 2012

Stopped here for one night, and once is enough. Check in was quick; front desk was pleasant. The room was a disappointment. Upholstered chairs were dirty, stained. Carpet needs to be cleaned or, better yet, replaced. The bed seemed to be reasonably new, also the linens. The room needs to be painted and updated. One plus: shower had lots of pressure and lots of hot water. Overall this is the most rundown Red Roof I've seen/stayed in in a long, long time.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, 26 December 2012
I am verry sorry that you were unhappy with the conditions of the Inn. We are in the process of up grading the Inn. I do hope that you will give us another try once the updates have been completed.We are so excited and can not wait to see.
Reviewed 24 November 2012

My wife and I stay here when we visit family in the area with our dog. This place is always clean and the people are exceptionally friendly. The hotel is surrounded by great places to eat so the location can't be beat. I would recommend this Red Roof to anyone who is looking for affordability and cleanliness.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank WVStew
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit. I will be sure to share your review with our staff. Thank You and Happy Holidays
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We were on our way back from South Carolina and stopped overnight at this motel. We needed 2 rooms. We were placed on the 2nd floor and the concrete on the 2nd floor by the stairs was all dirty and stained. A good power washing was needed. Our room was ok, but the carpets were dirtly & stained and the bathtub/shower looked like there was mold in the creases. My parents' room was awful. There were flying bugs (my dad killed 4); one of the box springs looked like something was eating or shredding the corner -- it was disgusting. The front desk moved my parents right away, but of course all of us had trouble sleeping, imagining bugs flying around the room. (Our room and my parents new room had no bugs). The price was right, but instead of opening new Red Roof Inns, why not fix up the ones you've got???

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
I am very sorry you were not happy with your stay. I am very excite to let our guest know that we are getting ready to start renovations the end of Novemeber. Our property is very old and is often mistaken for being dirty because of that. I do hope that you will give us another chance once renovations are completed.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Spent one night in this hotel and it was awful. The hotel needs updating and a good cleaning. The paint in the bathroom was peeling off the wall and there was mold in the bathtub and ceiling. The bathtub drain was partially clogged so you were taking a shower in inches of water. The walls were dirty and the carpet stained. There were a lot of people running around outside late at night. Plus, there were a bunch of noisy guests leaving at 6:00. Not worth the price.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
I am very sorry that you did not have a good experience with us. Please anytime you stay some where and there is a problem contact the front desk so they can take care of it right away. This is not our norm and I apologize this happened. I will be looking into this and make sure it is taken care of so no one else will have the same encounter you did. I hope you will give us another try once we are renovated in the next few months.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Craig at the front desk was more than helpful. There was one room that the housekeeper apparently skipped and Craig had me in another room immediately, and took off 10 dollars just for the inconvenience.
The location of this motel is away from the highway, up on an elevation, quiet, clean, affordable. Would highly recommend this location. And as I said, front desk folks were personable and very friendly and helpful.
The motel was easy to find, and conveniently located near restaurants and highway, yet, as I said, very quiet due to its location. Couldn't ask for a better place.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Thank You for your response. We look forward to your next stay with us. Have A Great Day!