“Awful place”

Red Roof Inn Fairmont
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Fairmont
“Awful place”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I had an awful experience on this hotel. They did not honor my reservation even with email conf. Diann at the front desk called while I was out to go pack or she would do it for me. Ran back to hotel just to be threatened to be escorted out by police. Place is disgusting and dirty. Found old food in the fridge. Stained towels. Please don't stay there!

Stayed May 2014
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
I am very sorry to hear this. You had a reservation and changed the date and we were sold out and could not accommodate another night stay. We were unable to honor your request to cancel a new guest coming in so that you could stay. If you would like to discuss this please feel free to contact the Inn. We try our best to take care of our guest and their wishes however sometimes that is not possible.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Due to limited options and its ranking on tripadvisor, I decided to try this hotel; my first Red Roof Inn experience. Typically I go for "higher end " brands but wanted to check this one out due to the upgraded rooms. Although not a big factor for me I did find the outside appearance of the hotel not too appealing. People were friendly during check in and out.
The room itself was clean but a bit dingy and dark. The microwave, fridge, LCD TV, wifi, climate control were all functional. Glad I chose the superior king as recommended. The bed was comfortable and it was quiet enough that I did get a good night's sleep which is the biggest factor to me.
Though not a slam dunk I'll consider staying there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank You for your feedback. Now that the weather is clearing up we are starting to work on the outside of the building. I am glad you got a good night sleep. I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Cardington, Ohio, USA
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a dog show in nearby Morgantown. Hotel is in a very convenient area(have to look for sign), nice grounds, CLEAN rooms. Very nice staff. We had two mastiffs with us and the room was perfect. Angie, the supervisor, was super nice, as well as the housecleaning service people. We stayed three nights and it was quiet and we got rest. The hotel was booked yet very quiet area. Pipeline workers were staying here and no noise, no late night commotion, it was a great stay. Reasonable price and close to all kinds of shopping and restaurants.
We also visited nearby Prickett's Fort, Valley Falls State Park, Tygart Dam, and Cooper's Rock. Local residents, (Thank you young ladies at the wonderful dog park!) recommended Cooper's Rock and it was gorgeous! Well worth the stop to see it! We will plan to stay at this Red Roof Inn each year for the dog show. Very dog friendly. Hotel grounds VERY clean and well taken care of. Would highly recommend this hotel to stay in! Thank you to all the staff there!

Room Tip: Rooms at far end of buildings are better if you have a dog to walk. More grass for walking your dog...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your great experience with us. Your dogs were beautiful. Our staff here are animal lovers. I am so glad you were able to see some of the beautiful attractions in the area. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed at the Red Room Inn Fairmont a few years ago and was disappointed with the outdated rooms. At the time I had no interest in staying at this hotel again. But when I read that the rooms had been recently renovated, I decided to give this hotel another try. And yes, I was very pleased with our updated, comfortable room. Now I can say that I would certainly consider staying here again.

Room Tip: We prefer the Superior rooms which offer more space.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank You so much for giving us another chance. I am so glad to hear about your stay. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed here as a layover during a road trip. We were here just to sleep, but overall it was fine. It was clean and looked somewhat updated, the TV and all the other appliances in the room worked well. Overall, it's a decent value and I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank You. We appreciate you letting us know about your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Coldwater, Canada
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This was my first experience with a Red Roof Inn. I was expecting more given the reviews and the room rate. This location was supposed to have been fully renovated but it needed a good cleaning. There were dirty hand marks on a panel that ran along the wall just below the ceiling. The heating system and pumping make a lot of noise at night. One of the bedspreads was soiled and the carpets needed a good vacuuming, especially in the corners.
The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean so we decided to stay the night instead of looking for another hotel. I don't think we will use Red Roof Inn again.

Room Tip: The building is on two levels. If you cannot climb stairs request a room on the main floor when you...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
I am truly sorry about your stay. I assure you this is not our norm and is not acceptable. Please anytime you stay some where and there is a problem please contact the front desk so we can take care of it right away. We would have been happy to move you to another room had we known about this issue. Again I apologize and hope that you will give us another chance next time you are in the area.
Middle Tn
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Wow! What an improvement from Dec 2012. New carpet, linens, flat screen TVs. Stayed in an king, ADA room with roll-in shower.
NO complaints. Have put this as a good stopover point on my drives from TN to the Northeast.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank You. We appreciate your review and the opportunity to show you the upgrades we have done. We look forward to your next visit with us.