“Good stop on our way back”

DJ's 50's and 60's Diner
Ranked #5 of 89 Restaurants in Fairmont
Cuisines: Diner
Description: A Google search on DJ's Diner Fairmont WV will turn up entries on Yelp, Urbanspoon, etc.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

It was late and we were looking for a place to stop on the way back to Ohio. I love little roadside diners so this fit the bill. I ordered the fried chicken dinner which they had, then didn't, then did again. Despite the confusion it was brought to me quickly and was very tasty. It was a fun little place to stop on the way back.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

My Mom & I walked up the hill from the Comort Inn & Suites to eat supper here. The diner is cute with a lot of memorablia on the walls, music playing in the background. Nice atmosphere! Our waitress, Cheyenne was so sweet. I noticed her interacting with other customers before she came to take our order. I thought to myself that she is a prime example of how we should all do our jobs, no matter what they are. She was very friendly and attentive. She made small talk while we placed our order. We commented that we were having a bad day, come to find out she was too! I was totally surprised to hear that because her service was commendable. The food was good and not that expensive. Cheyene even put a sweet little encouraging note on our bill. We ate here twice during our stay because of the convient location.
NOTE: If you are staying at the hotel you get a discount.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Horrible, filthy, cold. little dive...

We were seated immediately, there was only 1 other party in the building, and the server was very friendly... that was the last we saw of her...

We finally ordered after a really long wait... and the food was cold, inedible and terrible!

I ordered a BLT with coleslaw - all I could taste was onions... and the sandwich was COLD - I mean stone cold, and the lettuce looked like it fell off a truck. The bacon was so cold it had congealed grease on it... my husband ordered a burger, which was nasty and had the same road-kill lettuce on it...

I literally could not eat the food - and instead of asking what was wrong with it - she suggested a to-go bag - seriously? not on your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We waited over 30 minutes for this slop! In the meantime - every person they know came through the door - and they got their food LONG before we did!

Again, don't waste your time or your money... horrible, horrible food and service!

1  Thank Denise H
Reviewed 24 March 2014

"Retro Dining Experience" @ DJ's 50's & 60's Diner reminded me of the easy, relaxed diners I remember growing up in small town. Service with a smile and lots, I mean lots of good food that also reminded me of home cooked meals by my mother.

And, DJ's 50's & 60's Diner was located across the parking lot from our hotel in Fairmont, WV. Perfect dinner choice after driving I-79 all day.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Cute diner. The 50's-60's theme is fun. Bad food. Look elsewhere. Definitely wouldn't try this place again.

1  Thank CJS1958