“It's Good but not Spider's”

Colasessano's Pizza
Ranked #13 of 87 Restaurants in Fairmont
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“It's Good but not Spider's”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

If you are from the area, you know about Colo's. The name has been around for a long time but the new place can't come close to the old place on Penn. Avenue. The pizza is good but isn't quite the same as Spider's. If you want a good Pizza or Pepperoni Roll go, but it is just not the same as Spider's

Visited May 2014
3 Thank nute26

Mars, Pennsylvania
“good casual place”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The pizza is all thick crust, square pizza and very tasty. I also love the meatball hogies. One of the best wedding soups I've had. Service was average. Very reasonable price and great quality.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank The_Prophet_of_Doom
Kentucky
“Pizza roll?”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The restaurant came recommended by the hotel (Microtel Inn) staff. The place is a good option to try.

Pizza roll = yummy.

Leaves you feeling full.

Visited March 2014
Winchester, Virginia
“Unusual Pizza”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This is some of the most unusual pizza that I have ever seen or tasted. They make their own dough the old fashioned way. When served, it looks like pizza bear claws (the pastry). The melted cheese cooks into the top layer of dough & makes the dough taste even better. It looks as though it would be a very "heavy" pizza, but not so. The interior of the dough reminds me of soft french bread dough. It is VERY tasty. I usually don't eat pizza with a fork & knife, but on this one, you must, especially if you don't want it flowing down the front of you! It is one of the cleanest & brightest restaurants that I have ever been in.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Michael D
Centerville, Ohio
1,681 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 3,913 helpful votes
“OMG! The Best Pizza & Pepperoni Rolls in the world!”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

My friends understand that I invented HYPERBOLE!

Nearly 50 years ago, my Fairmont State Fraternity held Monday Night unofficial meeting at Colasessano's following our official meetings. The BROTHERS consumed copious amount of pizza and pepperoni rolls and perhaps a little cheap beer (like $1.00 a pitcher.)

My family of Irish and German origin never experience this gourmet food, and Colasessano's was a life changing event. It led to my status as BMOC!

My dear Italian girl friend, fiance, and wife agreed that Colasessano's was great; the GODS have spoken.

Never was a place like Colasessano's; the regulars held up in the front and Theta Xi took over the back room!

My wife always insisted on take away from Colasessano's over the many, many family visits.

Imagine to my surprise that little old WVU would have its very own NEW Colasessano's located minutes away from Spring Hill Suites near Pierpont Center.

My WWW research told me of the "new" location. Here is the problem; not one of 69 folks at Pierpont had a clue that Colasessano's was 5 minutes away!

I called Spring Hill, and they did not know!!! OK, I said, give me the Fairmont phone number. I called Fairmont and asked for the WVU number_success!

I arrived and ordered 12 pepperoni rolls with "everything to go." I had ice and an ice chest to transport the precious cargo back to Centerville_BTW: always order HOT peppers!

Nostalgia, thy name is Colasessano's!!!

Did I ever tell you the TRUE story of the origin of the Pepperoni roll? No, well goggle it!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank SavantIII_11

Been to Colasessano's Pizza? Share your experiences!