“One of West Virginia's Finest!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Fairmont
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Fairmont
Reviewed 21 March 2012

My husband, JJ, and I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel from March 14 - 17. I would like to share our experience. I hope it helps future guests, in choosing their "home away from home".
When we arrived, we were greeted the a very friendly staff. The hotel was so clean. I requested a "quiet" room, since I had read that the the hotel could be noisy and had thin walls. I have to say, I didn't hear a peep in the halls or in the rooms next to us. They were so accomodating. The rooms were very clean and inviting. What a great impression. I have horrible back problems. I woke up with NO aches or pains. Beautiful!
We really enjoyed the breakfast they provided. The gentleman that provided the food was great. He was so friendly. We enjoyed chatting with him. The food was delicious. We would not have eaten anywhere else. What a bonus.
The location was great. Right off of 79. There are so many places to eat lunch and dinner in that area. We literally parked our car in the evening and walked to supper. The only downside, which has NOTHING to do with the hotel, was the potholes and horrible roads around the hotel. It is congested in that area. Stop signs, yield signs, and no signs. You just have to be really careful. Again, this has nothing to do with the hotel. Just something to beware of.
I grew up around the Fairmont area. I will always have a reason to visit. I can tell you, we will always stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. In today's economy, money is hard to come by. I can promise you that you will get the true value of your dollar. We will stay there again. Thank you, Fairfield Inn and Suites.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Vijma
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Fairmont

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Comfortable bed; good breakfast; thin walls. The staff was pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank JohannaDE
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Great Hotel and Staff. Ronnie and crew are the nicest and most accommodating. I feel "at home" when I stay here. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling this area.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Stopped by this hotel by chance while traveling cross country, and enjoyed my overnight stay. The hotel has obviously been recently updated and was very nice. The room were very tastefully decorated and very modern. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was roomy and nice as well. The place was very clean. I didn't have any issues with hearing other guests, and it appeared the hotel was pretty busy that night. Its easy off the interstate, and close to a lot of restaurants. Very happy with my drop-in stay that night and will stay here again if needed in the future!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2011

After a one night stay Thanksgiving weekend at the Fairfield Inn in Fairmont, WV, we awoke early to find two bed bugs on the bedding! Luckily we had no signs of bites. We promptly captured and took the pests to the front desk and although the day manager was kind enough to comp our room, she suggested in a later email that perhaps we had brought them into the hotel with us!! As a long time Marriott Rewards member and a frequent guest at this and other Fairfield Inns, I was stunned at the less than customer-friendly response to our report of bed bugs!! Doubtful we will stay at this hotel in the future! PS we DID NOT bring adult bed bugs into the hotel with us..Be cautious, we did not see any evidence of bed bugs when we arrived, but were told by a local exterminator, they migrate from room to room looking for hosts. After an 8 hr drive home, I spent the entire evening we arrived researching how to launder and clean our clothing and luggage. Even after cleaning, there is still a chance we may have carried bed bug eggs into our home. If so, it will cost over $1000 for an exterminator to eliminate the problem. It's just not worth staying at this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank JAPEK2011
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Great stay for one night Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend. Updated and remodeled recently - gorgeous, spotless. Asked for and received upgrade from 2 double beds to king suite for pennies! King bed a bit separate from pull out sofa (comfy per the kids) and roll away, great for family of 5 (kids 9, 13, 15). Plus, lights above king were on dimmer so we could read after kids were asleep. Two TVs. Right off expressway. Air/heat unit quiet, with option to keep fan on. Quiet overall, didn't hear anything from surrounding rooms. Bathroom spacious and like new. Breakfast was nice and kept well stocked - no hot buffet, but breakfast sandwiches to heat up quick, good.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Stayed for 3 nights and would definitely go back. Room was ultra clean, modern and large.
Flat screen television, wireless internet and excellent climate controls.
Facility had a beautiful indoor pool, hot-tub and modest exercise area with all new equipment. Breakfast buffet was more than adequate (and actually quite good) and we gladly took advantage every morning.

If you're looking for a nice place to spend a few nights, you can't go wrong with this Fairfield.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple