“Love it”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Love everything about it.. Food. Staff great great great dollar bills on the wall peanuts on the table . Not the first time there but was the best time i ever had.. Must go to place.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

We saw Dirty Ernie's advertised on the roadside sign and thought it would be a good bet for dinner. Food was not very good. The service was not very good. I would not go back and would not recommend this as a good place to eat.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Good food with a very casual atmsophere. Nothing special, but food and service are ok. More of a tourist attraction rather than a place you should go to for outstanding BBQ. Nothing more to add just trying to get to the 100 characters required to be able to submit a review.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Customers put dollar bills with messages on walls around the restaurant and under the plastic sheets covering the tables. Money is collected once a year and used for local charities after bank provides new unmarked bills. Food is so so. French fries were very good with pulled pork sandwich. Pork good but needed a better bun. Chili was okay.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

A group of 9 of us went here after New River Gorge Bridge Day. Food was reasonable, I had BBQ chicken dinner, my SO had a steak and said it was very tender. For a BBQ place I expected more from the BBQ chicken.

We were 9 people halfway through a 900 mile three-day motorcycle trip so we were tired and hungry. I don't think the food was all that spectacular. I did like that they serve beer from a cooler on the front poor while you wait, and that even as crowded as the place was that we didn't have long to wait for a party of 10. The place was jam packed with locals partying from Bridge Day, perhaps I'd soak up more atmosphere if it was not a big event day locally.

We will likely go back next time we are in the area.