“Nothing Special”

Bob Evans
Ranked #18 of 37 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 July 2013

The food here is OK - not good, not bad. The service was good and the prices are reasonable. Lots of convenient parking and located next to Walmart. There are better choices in the area - like Pies and Pints, DiOGi's, and Secret Sandwich Society.

1  Thank TheOwlReviewer

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I am extremely dissatisfied with the service provided at this Bob Evans location. My family and I stopped here because we needed a relaxing, no hassle, meal and we received anything but that. Our drinks were delivered somewhat promptly but the coffees were delivered to the table without creamer and we were not asked if we preferred cream with our coffee or not. When our order was taken we had specified one meal be gluten free (off of the gluten free menu provided). One order was pasta dish that came with a side and three others ordered salads. The waitress, Lydia, did not ask any of the customers ordering a salad what dressing they would like and the customer ordering the pasta was side (roll) he would like. After we ordered, we waited for about 10 minutes. Our drinks were empty. With no sign of our waitress, we went up to one of the other employees and asked that our drinks be refilled. When our order finally came, 35-45 minutes after ordering, it was all wrong. None of the salads came with dressing and the gluten free order was not gluten free. The sandwich (ordered gluten free) was on a bun. Upon letting our waitress, Lydia, know that it was not gluten free, she claimed that it was. As a customer with Celiac's disease, this was very frustrating being told that you are wrong. Once the assistant manager was involved, we were assured that the sandwich would be prepared properly. After the assistant manager and waitress left our table it was realized that none of the salads had dressings on them, nor had the dressings been delivered to our table. Again, we had to go up to the front of the restaurant and request these items be brought to us. We expressed to the assistant manager on duty our extreme displeasure in the service provided. The gluten free meal was finally delivered another 20-30 minutes later. It was greatly appreciated that the meal was made and delivered properly but not with such a delay when it was already done incorrectly. Our entire table ate our meal without refills on our drinks (again) which were empty due to the extremely long wait for our food. We were not customers that felt at ease or taken care of. Even when our concerns were expressed to the assistant manager on duty, they were only met with the excuse that the waitress was a newer employee. It was to our shock that we were given a bill with the FULL price of the meals- even the gluten free meal that was delivered improperly and extremely late. It was the icing on the cake when one of us used the women's restroom upon leaving and there was no toilet paper in 2 out of the 3 stalls. Upon leaving, we let one of the waitresses know- since they probably just weren't aware of the situation. Once the concern was met with the waitress rolling her eyes- our visit to this Bob Evans was complete. I can assure you that our family will never dine at this Bob Evans ever again. It causes us to think twice about ever dining at a Bob Evans at any location ever again. We have been patrons of Bob Evans for many years and have greatly enjoyed the taste and quality of the farm fresh meals. The managers and untrained waitresses will certainly not be seeing to fixing the horrible service at this location.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

We stopped at Bob Evans at approximately 8:45 on a Wednesday evening. We had never visited a Bob Evans before but had heard good things and we both wanted pancakes so it was an obvious choice. As it turned out, we should have just done a quick drive thru run and saved ourselves and the employees the hassle. Literally. Almost immediately upon seating us, our waitress informed us that they closed at 9 so we would need to hurry up and order as they were closing the kitchen. She then also informed us of a long list of things we could NOT order because they would take too long. No worries she told us, they would take care of us. However, upon walking away she started very loudly complaining to her co-workers about us and about 5 minutes later 2 separate groups of travelers also came into the restaurant. After seating them, she went through the same routine and loudly proclaimed "another group of 4 & 6 walked in..." She told the table near us however, that they could have pot pies which she had already told us we couldn't. When she came back to our table (this was about a 2-3 minute gap) and I informed her I wasn't quite ready she walked away and again loudly said "they still aren't ready yet..." sorry for inconveniencing you. Hours are hours for a reason. In my days working in food service we were not allowed to shut machines off and begin clean up until closing time and you were expected to be at work a full 30 minutes after your shift cleaning, not 9:00 and you run out the door because your duties are already done. I ordered the breakfast skillet which arrived with no sausage as the menu claimed, the potatoes were undercooked, my boyfriends hashbrowns were also flash cooked, and drinks went without refills. Our check came shortly after our food but it had been made very apparent we were not welcome. We left with a very bad taste in our mouths for the Bob Evans restaurants and are very disappointed with our experience. We would never return to the Bob Evans in Fayetteville because of this. It is not worth the money for such a mediocre (at very best) experience. I'd rather eat gas station food.

1  Thank Bobbie B
Reviewed 22 January 2013

We signed up for Bob Evans coupons (visit the site www.bobevans.com) and used one last night. The restaurant was very quiet--it was a cold, clear evening.

The waitress was fantastic. So was the food (my grilled chicken, green beans with pork, nice salad with cucumbers, and the fruit dish for dessert). My dinner partner had the salmon and broccoli, a salad and fruit dish. These were options on the $9.99 menu, and well worth it.

This location has some friendly waitresses and hosts. Get to know them--you'll be glad you did.

With coupon our meal came to $15.00 + generous tip.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

Bob Evans restaurants will never set the world on fire with tantelizing, creative cusine, but if you're looking for a decent restaurant experience without any frills, this will probably do just fine.

I've eaten at the Fayetteville location many, many times over the past 10 years. The food is consistently well prepared, but the wait staff and kitchen crew are less dependable, especially lately. We've found ourselves waiting longer and longer for our food, and sometimes the waitress fails to check in on us during our meal. Still, the food is generally good.

Their breakfast menu is probably one of the best in the area. Lots to choose from and it is well prepared. i also like the chicken pot pie, grilled chicken breast, turkey dinner, meat loaf, and all vegetable sides are good.

The Bob Evans wildfire BBQ sauce is too sweet for my taste, so I avoid any dishes with that sauce. Drinks have also recently gone up in price--$2.25, I believe. This is ridiculous--so I make sure I get at least one refill, or if I'm feeling stingy, I'll order water with lemon.

Late in the day you can get great sunsets across the highway, and Walmart, Lowe's and a number of other stores are at the shopping center for convenient shopping.

1  Thank Chaz343