“Dirty silverware”

Dining options: Dinner
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dirty silverware”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My wife and I stopped here on advice of friends. I ordered lasagna, my wife ordered a penne pasta dish. Our salads came, and I opened my napkin with the silverware in it. The silverware was DIRTY. I had to wait awhile for a staff member to come up the steps.I asked for clean silverware. She brought me new silverware, and it was also dirty! We should have left then,but didn't. Lets just say that Italian food is not their strong suit.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jeff R

“Definitely Eat Here if in Grafton!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This restaurant has GREAT food for a GREAT price. I've never eaten anything bad here. It is always busy though, so you may have a bit of a wait, but it's well worth it.

Visited November 2013
West Virginia
“Love Gourmet Express”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I eat here quite often for lunch as it's just down the street from my office. Extensive menu, great soups, salads, sandwiches, hoagies. They make the best grilled chicken and cranberry salad around. Large portions. Convenient location on US50 going down into Bridgeport. Clean, friendly waitresses. Casual lunch dining at it's finest.

Visited May 2013
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Happy surprise in Grafton”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Great food, friendly staff -- NO Steps to the main dining room -- my Mom uses a walker.

Yesterday (Sunday) they had a GREAT fresh seafood platter. Usually in WV, I would say 'fresh????' (seafood) and wouldn't believe them. (I live in Melbourne, Australia, so know about good, fresh seafood.) But we had the seafood platter & it was really good. Not sure if that was a regular special on Sunday afternoons? Mom is a small eater -- so we shared the seafood platter and the WONDERFUL apple bread pudding. There was even REAL butter for the bread sticks.

From Morgantown, you could also drive there via Grafton Road (119 South) , then take Rt 50 West to Clarksburg (you could visit National Cemetery -- it's easy to drive thru & looks nice) & come back via I-79 -- so a round trip.

• Visited May 2013
“Best Italian Food and Reasonably Priced!”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I've eaten at the Gourmet Express many times and the food, service and atmosphere are excellent, offering the best Italian cuisine in North Central WV as well as American dishes, WELL worth the trip. I have dined in many 5 star restaurants as my waistline will confirm and this is right there with the best (and I'm not easy to please). The atmosphere is very nice; the warm and relaxing decor was well designed. My only complaint is that everything is so good i can't decide what to order :) The Alfredo Sauce is hands down the best in my book and the lasagne is great. The ribs fall off the bone with a tangy sauce that doesn't overpower but compliments the ribs. Nice array of desserts and choices for the kids.

• Visited April 2013