“Now that I'm back home, I'm homesick for my Country Road Cabin.”

Country Road Cabins
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Absolute PERFECT getaway vacation. You have peace and quiet, great privacy, pretty much all the necessities you would need in a house. As soon as you arrive you have complete relaxation. The bugs aren't bad, no need to even turn on the a/c at night because the trees keep it cool during the day. Beautiful cabins and beautiful trails to each one. If you want a break away from noise and chaos this is definitely the place to visit. Although, be prepared when it's time to go home, you won't want to leave.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Tsilvr
There are newer reviews for Country Road Cabins

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed there for a climbing/bach party trip. Mallory (spelling?) worked with me as the number of people going changed and we were moved among cabins. She got us a great deal and even tried to sign us up for paintball (which we ended up getting through another company).

The cabin slept 7 of us comfortably, was large and clean and the hottub was great! The location is right near the bridge but still feel secluded from the other cabins nearby.

I wish I could say more but we honestly didn't stay in the cabin that much... :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Had my Wedding at this location on 5-3-14, then stayed for 3 nights!! I must say it was amazing. So very quiet and peaceful!! A very friendly staff!!! We will definitely be going back!!! Thank you for this wonderful experience!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea F
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We discovered Country Road Cabins through the internet, and were impressed by the reviews, so we decided to give them a try. Best decision ever! We were in love at first sight with our cabin, Marathon. At the end of a long windy road, secluded in woods, with total privacy. The inside is absolutely gorgeous, with many amenities, and very clean. The cabin has one bedroom downstairs with king bed and bath, and a loft with two twin beds and bath. There is a lovely gas fireplace in the living room. The hot tub on the back porch was very clean, and just the right temperature. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and we were even provided with a bottle of Champagne on arrival. We chose this location for our getaway because of the beauty of the New River Gorge area, and were not disappointed as we arrived from cold Ohio to beautiful early spring warm weather, and the photo opportunities were great!

1  Thank stargazr829
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I have been staying at Country Road cabins almost since they opened. You will not find a more peaceful, relaxing place to stay anywhere. We just go to go, not to ski, raft, or anything else, so it really doesn't matter if you do those things. Over the years we have stayed in a variety of their cabins and each one has always been in perfect shape, cleanliness, and readiness. They all still look brand new. The fact that they are so convenient and yet feel as though they are hours in the middle of nowhere is wonderful.

I have enjoyed them so much and have so much faith in their quality that i have given gift certificates as gifts and used weekend getaways as a drawing for an incentive at work. You will not be disappointed in your stay and you most definitely will come back. Nothing comes close to the experience there. Kudos to the owners and staff for a true West Virginia gem.

Room Tip: Every cabin is wonderful, but the ones farthest from the front are the favorites.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Timothy M
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The cabin name says it all. This small cozy cabin is perfect for couples seeking an escape from it all in a wooded and secluded setting with more amenities than found in a hotel room. The Almost Heaven Cabin has a living room which includes a fireplace and TV, bedroom with a king size bed and sitting area, bathroom with a shower stall, fully equipped kitchen, and a private deck with hot tub and gas grill. Wood for the fireplace is provided on the front porch. Would recommend this cabin to couples seeking a romantic weekend getaway or vacation. Country Road Cabins is located close to nearby attractions such as Horseback Riding, Whitewater Rafting, Treetop and Canopy Zip Line Tours, New River Bridge Walks, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing/Rappelling, State Parks and Summersville Lake for boating and fishing. We have stayed at the Almost Heaven Cabin many times over and have never been disappointed. We have tried other "Deluxe" cabins but none have come close to Country Road Cabins.

Room Tip: Larger size cabins are available if needed with similar amenities.
1  Thank Eddie H
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

My stay here was great it was after the stay that was horrible. These people sent me an email accusing me of having more people there than what I did . And also accused me of leaving a big mess . I cleaned this cabin thru before I left even took the trash up and loaded the dishwasher. Not to mention left the maid a 20$ tip. I had stayed here at least once every year for the past three years but I will never stay again. This was my family's Easter weekend and Instead of having a good memory about it this is what we will remember . These people sent an email saying they were taking an extra 593$ out of my account . And the exact sentence at the end of the message was I hope in the future u will be honest with us and we can avoid this type of charges. Don't stay here unless you like to be called a liar. This place will definitely go out of business if they continue this treatment.I know that I will make sure nobody I know stays hereEVER!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
7  Thank jg04232014a
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hico
Quality Inn New River
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#5 of 7 in Summersville
Adventures on the Gorge - Lodging

Been to Country Road Cabins? Share your experiences!