“Could not eat the meal--”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hibachi Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #74 of 189 Restaurants in Huntington
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Lexington, Kentucky
“Could not eat the meal--”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stopped by Hibachi on a Friday evening. We were seated at the front of the restaurant by the front windows. We ordered and our service was great. The problem was with the cleanliness of the restaurant. I actually could not eat my food half way through because the nasty carpet, baseboards and general stickiness of everything made me nauseous. I thought if the dining area of the restaurant looks like this, what must the kitchen look like? After we left, my husband tells me about what he noticed on a shelf on the way from the bathroom. I won't say what it was, but it didn't help matters. To the owners and managers--buy some industrial cleaning supplies and bleach and clean every inch of the restaurant from top to bottom. Although I am a long time patron, I will not go back.

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank Wombat21

Columbus, Ohio
“Amazing Food Each Time”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I have been here several times and the food is always great. The chefs like to put on a show so it's always a great time! This is the best Hibachi grill in the tri-state.

The waiters normally are pretty good as well. But the restaurant adds 18% gratuity to each bill which is less than what I would normally add to the bill because the great service.

• Visited March 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT Asian Cuisine”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The food is obviously handcrafted from high quality ingredients and the best spices. Wonderful tastes, great service, and good prices!

• Visited February 2014
Knoxville
“Great time and food”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We dined here to celebrate our grandson's birthday. We allowed him to choose where he wanted to eat. Three family members had never eaten at this type restaurant and had a blast (no pun intended) watching our food being prepared. The Hibachi chef was fun to watch. Food was delicious and abundant..

Visited June 2013
Greenup, Kentucky
“AMAZING”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

So entertaining for our entire family. My 7yo son still raves about it!!! This is by far his most exciting place to eat, from watching the big fire to catching a piece of shrimp flung to him!

Visited December 2012