“Not recommendable”

Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Not recommendable”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We ate a combination of the Teppanyaki style (cook in front of you) and things from the menu. The food was average at best. Very basic flavours with most things tasting similar. Generally well over salted, with soy sauce coating everything cooked on the grill. We have eaten in many Japanese restaurants around the world, unfortunately this one has to be one of poorest we have tried. The staff were slow to respond even though the place was empty. The manager was brash and could be seen discussing things loudly with staff. The decour is dated and not clean. You get the filling they are squeezing the last drop out of the place with merely a token Japanese influence. The love for Japanese style cusineAll in all, not recommendable.

2 Thank NZL2012

Lexington, Kentucky
“Could not eat the meal--”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stopped by Hibachi on a Friday evening. We were seated at the front of the restaurant by the front windows. We ordered and our service was great. The problem was with the cleanliness of the restaurant. I actually could not eat my food half way through because the nasty carpet, baseboards and general stickiness of everything made me nauseous. I thought if the dining area of the restaurant looks like this, what must the kitchen look like? After we left, my husband tells me about what he noticed on a shelf on the way from the bathroom. I won't say what it was, but it didn't help matters. To the owners and managers--buy some industrial cleaning supplies and bleach and clean every inch of the restaurant from top to bottom. Although I am a long time patron, I will not go back.

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank Wombat21
Columbus, Ohio
“Amazing Food Each Time”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I have been here several times and the food is always great. The chefs like to put on a show so it's always a great time! This is the best Hibachi grill in the tri-state.

The waiters normally are pretty good as well. But the restaurant adds 18% gratuity to each bill which is less than what I would normally add to the bill because the great service.

• Visited March 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT Asian Cuisine”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The food is obviously handcrafted from high quality ingredients and the best spices. Wonderful tastes, great service, and good prices!

• Visited February 2014
Knoxville
“Great time and food”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We dined here to celebrate our grandson's birthday. We allowed him to choose where he wanted to eat. Three family members had never eaten at this type restaurant and had a blast (no pun intended) watching our food being prepared. The Hibachi chef was fun to watch. Food was delicious and abundant..

Visited June 2013