“Fantastic dining room”

Price range: US$19 - US$45
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: 21 is a restaurant in the Frederick Hotel building, downtown Huntington, WV. We feature an innovative menu and a chic and enjoyable bar. Catering available.
Washington DC
“Fantastic dining room”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We had a very nice dinner here during my nephews graduation. The veal chop was great, the spinach was nice and fresh. The New York strip was cooked to perfection and the baked potatoes were excellent. The dining room was awesome, an old clubby "elephant room" from the Madmen days! You can get lost in a bygone era at this fabulously themed restaurant. The staff is excellent and aim to please. Overall very good but remember you're not in New York.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank GiancarloBuonarroti

Charleston, West Virginia
“A gem.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The food was the quality I usually go out of town to find. I can't believe I didn't know about this. Get the beet salad. And oysters. Wish I had had room for dessert.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Princess Kathy ... O
Huntington, West Virginia
“Best Restaurant in Huntington”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Although some may disagree, the 21 at the Frederick is by far the best eating experience in the City of Huntington. Mark Cross, the owner, provides a world-class dining experience. Set in the historic Frederick building, the ambience matches the food quality. It is the best place to have a fabulous meal before or after attending a presentation at the equally phenomenal Keith-Albee theater, just across the street. The bar at the 21 is also a nice place to sip a glass of wine.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank John S
Huntington, West Virginia, Usa
“Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I haven't had anything here I didn't love. This restaurant is set in an old historic hotel in downtown Huntington across from the also historic Keith Albee theatre. The location is beautiful and has great ambience. We arrived on time for our reservation and were seated immediately. Grilled bread is served to get your meal started. I ordered the muscles in a masala sauce as my appetizer. They were amazing. I could have drank the sauce! My boyfriend had the crab cakes. I've had them before and they are the best crab cakes I've had in town. I ordered the Ribeye for my entrée with their to die for mac and cheese and their specialty side of brussel sprouts. My boyfriend had the ancho strip with mac and cheese and asparagus. Both were cooked and seasoned to perfection. Desserts of crème brulee and the chocolate mousse did not disappoint but I think they could be stepped up a bit. All and all 21 at the Frederick never disappoints.

• Visited February 2014
5 Thank Crystal521
Chicago
“Amazing Ambience...Fantastic Food!”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Wow! The decor alone is to die for. The hotel where the restaurant is located has an interesting history. Now for the food. We had salmon, steak, and scallops. The salmon was to die for with a lightly browned crust on top, the steak perfect. The risotto and garlic mashed were excellent also. You must stop by and eat here!

• Visited December 2013