“Decontamination”

Days Inn Huntington
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Huntington
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Rooms on both sides of our assigned room had been decontaminated and it said more decontamination may be needed. Upon opening our room it had a very strong chemical smell. Sign also stated there could be more contaminated areas of the property. I can't believe they would let people stay in rooms like this. We didn't. Because of their lack of concern for the public I will never again stay in a Days Inn.

Room Tip: Stay Away from this hotel
Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Modonna L
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Huntington

Reviewed 2 April 2012

I'm disabled with extensive problems in my knee and could only get a room on the second floor, while the motel was 90% vacant that night. The next day I had to beg for a first floor room and paid $5.00 more. The room wad missing shampoo, a pot for the coffee maker, the fridge would not get cold, the phone would not work even after the front desk said they would turn it on, the WiFi only worked certain hours, the owner did speak English but was quite rude, the breakfast was a water downed joke and the theme was cheap/cheap/cheap except the price. Drive on and keep looking.

Silver Wolf

Room Tip: Holiday Inn Express - Hampton Inn you can't go wrong for the money
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Silver W
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Good hotel for passing thru. Room was clean. Only one chair though for desk. No where else to sit besides bed when more than one person staying in the room. The breakfast was pretty pathetic. Coffee and orange juice was like drinking colored water. Thank goodness there was a McDonald's right next door. Overall I think it was a decent hotel besides the breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank TonyLeah
Reviewed 27 October 2011

This place does not rate a price of $80 or even $70. I would put this motel at the Motel 6 price level. Yes it has fridge and microwave, Motel 6 does not, and it has a continental breakfast, which I will check out tomorrow but other than that it is not really worth stopping here.

There was very short supply of rooms available because the cleaning crew was 2 short today. This place appears to be home to many work crews including CSX rail so I'm not sure the motel owners are really interested in making anything better for the normal traveling public.

The room we had was clean but it had a slight unpleasant odor. And don't even think about turning on the A/C or heat unit. The air coming out had a terrible odor that gave us quite concern of contacting some kind of unwanted bug.

After getting settled in the room we then found we were freezing and upon checking the door we found it had gap big enough to let considerable amount of air in. If i could have found my duct tape I would have taped the door shut but plastic bags stuffed in the crack seem to suffice in reducing the air flow.

It is so difficult too find a decent room these days. So many motels are feeling unworried when they have a boat load of construction workers or out of town contract workers coming week after week that they forget about the traveling public whom they probably charge a much higher room rate than the contract rate these workers are paying. And in the end the motel cleanliness and attraction continue to go downward.

We will have to put this motel on our no list the next time we come through this area.

Too bad, it's nice to stay in the Huntington area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank tumbleweed88
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Nice enough place. Rooms older but OK Had no noise problem This area is having train tracks replaced and all hotels are almost full. This one has plenty of restaurants with in walking distance for sure. Cable channels at night are not kid friendly so much. Not bad but no Nickelodeon or the like after 10. Cartoons yes, but not for kids.

Room Tip: Many rooms at this place. Maybe something on the back side for noise but it really wasn't a fac...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank whalehead
Reviewed 5 August 2011

The people at the front dest were rude. The room was not that clean and the bathroom even dirtier. There was hot water in the sink, but none in the shower/bath tub. Breakfast was very poor. Do not stay here!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank bjj98
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I will be honest, I really don't like to even try Day's Inns. Even though these are a part of Wyndam Hotels most are not good and I thing Wyndam should move on from this franchise! But we were driving late and very tired. so...we stopped at this hotel. Really bad move. First the pictures make it look SO much better than reality! The room we got was nice enough until I saw silverfish running on the walls. ICK! I went to the front desk and told them, they did move us after explaining that they were having this problem in all the downstairs rooms. ORKIN?? TERMINEX?? Any pest control company???? I was so grossed out! By this time is was really late and my husband was exhausted from driving about 9 hours that day, so we stayed. I do not recommed this place to anyone! Pass this by and count your blessings!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank pattypoo1962
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington
Red Roof Inn Huntington
#11 of 12 in Huntington
Ramada Limited Huntington
Ramada Limited Huntington
#4 of 12 in Huntington

Been to Days Inn Huntington? Share your experiences!