“Barely average”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Huntington
Huntington
“Barely average”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Many areas in the room were in disrepair. I expect better when I pay the rate requested at this hotel. Breakfast did not have a very large selection of food either.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Shelley R, Manager at Ramada Limited Huntington, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
I apologize that you visited us during part of our renovations and were not satisfied. We do offer an array of options for our breakfast guests that has 15-20 items daily with a rotating hot item. I hope that you will give us another chance once the renovation process is complete.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Huntington
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Overall the room was fine, it was the bathroom I had problems with. The sink/counter was falling off the wall, wall paper had been ripped from the wall as well as the baseboards. I couldn't be sure but it looked like black mold was exposed where the baseboards used to be.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

I am pleased to hear that your overall stay for the birthday celebration went well. I do apologize that you had trouble with the bathroom facilities. We have repaired all of the walls since your visit and new marble counters have replaced all of the old. I hope that you will visit us again after our renovations have been completely finished.

Travellers are raving about these Huntington hotels

Burlington, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stopped here on our way to KY just to stay the night. We were tired and I searched online to find a place that was reasonable. The hotel charged $25 more when we walked in than if we had booked online so I was not happy from the start. The clerk was sloppily dressed and the lobby was sectioned off and sloppy with new floors going in. The hotel was very old and while i do think they are beginning to renovate some things they are making the place look worse by letting people stay in half done rooms (and charging full price). The breakfast is free but only mediocre. The best thing I can say about this hotel is that it was convenient to the interstate and the beds were relatively comfortable. Would not recommend even for a quick stop over.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was not enjoyable. We did experience some difficulties during the heaviest portion of our renovation process. There are just a few things left to do on our renovations and the facility will be better than new. I do hope that you would consider visiting us again if you return to the area.
Charleston wv
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I looked at the pics online and thought this would be a good place to stay. Upon arrival, half of the room was outside the room in the hallway. Dirty towels as well as pics, a headboard, mirror and lamps...just to name a few. I understand they are remodeling but they should forewarn customers of the remodeling. I would never stay here. I checked in and checked out within 15 minutes.

• Stayed March 2014